She shrugged again, her gaze focused on my neck, "I found us a hassle free place."

"On the 7th floor?" I asked again, warily looking at her face for signs of falsehood.

She gave me a dazzling smile in return, "Now walk along, long way to go!"

So I rolled my eyes and marched upwards, fully aware of the way her fingers had started to slowly run circles on my chest, or the way she randomly blew on my neck, pretty sure the hair at the back of my neck was standing in alert and not for the first time this week I wondered how we went from going at each-other's throats to actually shoving our tongues down each-other's.

"Did you go back to sleep?" I asked, as I hit Carina's limp head with my shoulder to jerk her awake.

"N-no." she said, stifling a yawn as she stretched languidly in my arms, "Are we there yet?" she asked, rubbing her eyes like a child, and I couldn't help it, I laughed, and quite loudly too, because the next second her palm was around my mouth, softening the sound as she glowered at me with narrowed eyes.

But before I could do anything to get out of her grip a new voice had piped up, a new but very familiar and aggravating voice.

"Carina?" Granger called from behind us, making Carina drop her hand and making us both turn back to see a tired looking Granger and Weasel looking at us with open-mouthed shock.

Realisation slowly crept through me as I realised what we look like right now and for a hot second I was tempted to just let Carina fall on her arse but then understanding chirped in and reminded me that a few lousy Gryffindorks are the least of my worries.

"Hey." Carina said slowly, her cheeks growing red and her eyes hardening, the smile she usually greeted the muggleborn with, gone.

"What are you both doing here?" Weasel piped in, looking at us sceptically and my arms around Carina tightened, as I eyed his stance.

"What is it to you?" I asked, the strangled look on Carina's face reminding me to wrap this up quickly.

"You're out after hours, that mu-"

"I'm a prefect too." I cut in, "You don't have to outline my duties to me."

And we watched as Weasel's face turned as red as his hair, his cheeks puffing as his gaze turned indignant at Carina, still in my arms, "She's not," he called triumphantly, smirking as he said, "she can get detention for-"

"She's sick, Weasel." I drawled, and for a change Carina constipated expression actually helped, "I'm just escorting her back to the Common Room like any human being."

"But your common room is in the dungeons what are you doing-"

"Shut up." Carina called, her voice irritated, "I'm in pain and would like this conversation to end soon enough for me to get to Pomfrey."

A chuckle burst from Granger's lips as she looked at us with a shit-eating grin, "What happened, Carina?" she asked with little to no concern.

"I have cramps." Carina replied back, her tone icy as she leaned into me deeper and I took that as our cue to leave immediately, turning and starting to march down the corridor as Granger laughed out loud.

"Sure!" she threw back at us, a know-it-all gleam in her eyes.

*

"So..." I started as I strode down the seventh floor corridor, wondering if Carina was keeping up her promise of eating every meal because she felt so ridiculously light, but decided we had pressing matters, "What was that about with Granger?"