What do you say?

Neveah:

Elena, Vivi and I were walking back from the gas station that was right across from our school since it was passing period and we were hungry. You would think that we would get in trouble with the school security but that wasn't the case. They weren't even at the parking lot that lead to the road. We continued towards the gas station, crossing the street in the process. We walked in dropping off our back packs.

"Are you guys allowed to be in here? Isn't school still going on." The cashier asked. 

"We're running start students, our classes at the high school haven't started yet." I told him.

We grabbed our back packs and showed him our college ID's, he nodded indicating that he was cool with us buying things at this time. I put my ID back in my bag. I mean we technically weren't lying. Our 6th period hasn't started yet. Elena and I walked down the chips isle while Vivi looked down the candy/ noddle's isle.

"Do you think that Nick and Hayes would want something to eat?" Elena asked looking at me, I nodded my head. 

"Knowing both of them, they most likely haven't eaten anything all day." I replied smiling, she chuckled and grabbed two bags of chips. 

"Your buying both of them chips?" She nodded. 

"Plus I'm also going to buy whatever you and Vivi get. I just got paid and I feel like spoiling my bestfriends." She said, I smiled and hugged her.

"Thank you girl."

"Did I hear you correctly? Your payin?" Vivi asked Elena walking towards grinning.

Elena nodded "Yeah so hurry up, I need to pay for our things so that we can leave this place and head back to class." 

We grabbed our bags of chips and drinks, walking towards the cashier placing all the snacks on counter.  He rung up all of the food and placed them in three different plastic bags, we put them into our back packs and walked out the store. 

Vivi took out her phone. "Class started like 7 minutes ago." Elena and I shrugged. 

"I mean its not like we missed anything big, If anything we can just copy the notes from Hayes and Nick." Elena said, I nodded agreeing with her. 

We crossed the road, and walked into our 6th period. 

"Oh hello Elena, Neveah and Vivi. It's nice of the three of you to join us today." Our 6th period teacher said from his desk. Everyone was sitting at their desks doing some group work. 

"Sorry, we just had to finish up somethings in marketing." I lied, he nodded.

"Okay, don't  be late next time." We nodded walking towards the back where Hayes and Nick were sitting. Elena and I sat down while Vivi just stayed standing.

"You're not gonna sit?" I asked looking at her, she shook her head.

"I'm going to go and sit next to Jack and em." She said taking out the snacks that weren't hers from the bag and placed them on the table.

She turned and started walking towards the front of the room. We pulled the backs of snacks out of our bags and gave them their chips and drinks. They smiled starting to open up the bags of chips.

"Thank you so much. You guys are life savers." Hayes said looking at the both of us. 

"Don't thank me, Elena is the one that paid for all of our snacks." I said, both of the guys got up and hugged her. 

"Thank you, we were so hungry!" Nick exclaimed.

They let go of Elena and sat down. She just chuckled and nodded her head. The rest of the class time went by pretty quickly. As soon as we were about to start on the last question on the worksheet that the teacher had given us, the bell rang. We all put our things into our back packs and started leaving the class.

"Don't forget to finish all the questions on the packet by tomorrow." The teacher told us.

We all just nodded and left the class. Hayes and I said bye to Elena, Vivi and Nick. 

As we were walking to towards the lockers a girl who is in our grade named Amelia came up to us. She looked at the both of us and smiled.

"Hey Neveah, hey Hayes." She said.

Hayes and I looked at each other wondering what she wanted. We both smiled at her.

"What's up Amelia? What did you need?" Hayes asked.

Now you see, word around school is that Amelia has a thing for Hayes. And I understand why she has a thing for him, he's goofy, smart, athletic, kind, outgoing, adventurous, etc. I mean what's not to like about him?

Not going to lie, as much as it sucks to say this, him and Amelia would make a cute couple. As much as I wish that it would be Hayes and I together. With the pace that this is going at, it doesn't look like we'd ever end up together.

She took a deep breath. "Okay this is kinda scary, but I was wondering if you'd like to go on a date with me?"

I cleared my throat. "Wow, umm, well okay. I'll leave the two of you alone. Umm I hope that everything works out!" I said.

As I was about to start waking away, Hayes gently grabbed my wrist, stopping me from walking any further. I can't lie, just him doing that gave me butterflies. Pretty much everything that he does gives me butterflies.

"Hold up, first of all Amelia. I've got to say that you're pretty brave for making the first move but, I'm sorry. I can't go on a date with you." He said. "I was already planning on asking Neveah out on a date."

Amelia gave us a sad smile and nodded as she walked away. Not gonna lie, what he said had me shook. He turned to me and smiled.

"Can I just say that you're an amazing person, were you really willing to put your feelings aside if I said yes to Amelia?" He asked, I nodded.

"Well you can forget about doing any of that." I looked at him confused on what he meant. "What I'm trying to say is, what do you think about giving us a shot?" He asked.

I nodded smiling big. "I'd love to."

"How about we go on our first date, this Saturday? I'll come by at 5:30 cause I know how strict your mom can be" He said.

I giggled. "That sounds amazing, I can't wait!"

He smiled, "We should probably get going. C'mon, let me drop you off at your place."

I nodded as I followed him to his car.

Haay y'all! It's been a fat minute but I've been crazy buzy, and this year has been kicking my ass. But I'm working on something pretty special this summer!

From Your One And Only Yvonne♡♡