Parade

Hayes:

Neveah and I were going to a parade that was going on today. I sprayed on some colon, walked to the living room "Mom, I'm about to head out." I said, she walked out of the living room walking towards me "Where are you about to go?" She asked once she reached me "I'm about to go to the China Town Parade with Neveah. I mean if that's okay with you." I said, she chuckled "Yeah it's fine. You have to let me meet her some day." She said, I sighed "Ma you're talking about her like we're dating." I said "You're saying that like its a bad thing." She said raising her eyebrows.

I rapidly shook my head "It's not a bad thing Ma, its just that we're just getting to know each other and I don't know, it would be really cool to date her once I know more about her and when I'm sure that she likes me and I like her." I said, she sighed "You guys make everything so complicated." She said, I chuckled "But I get where you're coming from." She continued. I nodded "So its cool if I go?" I asked, she nodded. "Yeah, now leave before she thinks that you're bailing on her." She said, I chuckled walking downstairs, putting on my shoes and headed out of the house.

I walked to Neveah house. I knocked on her door when an older woman opened the door, we smiled at each other "May I helped you?" She asked, I nodded. "Is Neveah here?" I asked, she nodded. "We're supposed to hang out today." I continued, her eyes widened. "So you're Hayes. I always wondered who she was always hanging out with. For a moment I thought she was making up things or had invisible friends or something." She said.

I chuckled "Nope, she wasn't making up anything and I'm not invisible, that would kind of suck if I was." I said, she chuckled, where the hell is Neveah at? "You can come on, I'm Neveah's mom by the way." She said, right when she said that I think my heart skipped a beat, I just hope that I don't act like a dumb ass.

We went and sat on the living room couch "Neveah you ready yet?! Your friend Hayes is here!!" She yelled, I took a deep breath. "Yeah I'm coming down!" Neveah yelled back, I heard her footsteps walking towards the living room. "Hey Hayes, lets go?" She asked, I turned my head to look at her and nodded. "Uh yeah." I said trying to keep eye contact with her.

I didn't want to let my eyes wonder since her mother was right there, she smiled and nodded. "Alright I just need to put my shows on." She walked down stairs to put on her shows. The way he house was built was the kitchen, living room and two main bedrooms were upstairs, and the guest room, laundry room and little indoor movie theater which was a big flat screen TV and a sectional sofa.

It was dope, it was similar to the way my place looked. I looked at her mom "It was nice to meet you." I said, she nodded. "Nice to meet you too Hayes." She said, I smiled "Hayes you coming down or what?!" Neveah asked, I chuckled. "I'm coming!" I yelled back, I walked down stairs and put on my shoes. "Ma can I couldn't find my keys so if you're gonna stay home all day can you please not lock the door?!" She asked yelling. "Yeah, sure!" Her mom yelled back, I smiled.

We walked out of the house and hopped into to the train "You look pretty." I said. She was wearing a white and black  form-fitting sundress. She look bomb but I couldn't really tell her that. She giggled. "Thank you, you look cute, you're all fitted and shit." She said, I chuckled, she brushed my shoulder. "Boy look at you." She continued, I laughed "Thank you." I said.

She sat next to the window and I sat right next to her, her phone started to buzz, she unlocked it and laughed. "What's so funny?" I asked genuinely confused, she showed me her phone and it showed an Arthur meme.

 "What's so funny?" I asked genuinely confused, she showed me her phone and it showed an Arthur meme

I started cracking up. "Dude I love these memes. There like  everywhere right now and they're hilarious." I said, she nodded "Exactly, they make my day." She said locking her phone, I smiled. We enjoyed the view and before we knew it we reached China Town station. We got off the train and walked up the stairs to the main the side walk.

"Isn't this the beginning of the parade?" She asked, I raised my eyebrows. Has she really never been to a parade before? "Yeah it is." I said. "Have you ever been to a parade?" I asked her, Neveah shook her head. "Nope, this is my very first time." She said, I smiled. "Wow, I'm your first for a lot of things." I said, her eyes widened. "No pun intended." I said realizing what I said, she chuckled. "We should walk a bit down so that we could see more of the performances." I said, she nodded and followed me. We stood behind a family that was sitting down, they were spread out so we could see the performances pretty well.

"So what do you think of it so far?" I asked her as we watched a different group do a dance. She smiled and looked at me. "It looks so cool yo! How come I've never been to a parade?" She asked, I smiled. "I don't know, but I'm glad that you're enjoying it." I said, I genuinely meant it when I said that. I'm glad that today made so happy and excited. 

We continued to watch the parade, just goofing around and having fun until we heard something that sounded like a gun shot. We jumped at the sudden sound, we looked at each other and chuckled "Yo that shit was scary!!"  She yelled, you could tell that she was, shocked, scared and amused all at the same time. I chuckled and nodded. "I wonder what it coming from." I said trying to find what ever was making that noise "What if its a gun?" Neveah asked, I turned to her and shook my head. "Nah, it's not a gun, the cops would've gotten who ever had the gun by now." I said, she nodded her head.

We turned our heads to see what was coming up next and saw a pirate ship moving down the line. It make a loud noise and then blew something out of the canon. Neveah jumped again and I flinched, we looked at each other and started laughing. The sound was really loud and it sounded like a gun, plus it was coming out of no where so of course people were scared. We watched the pirate ship and flinched and laughed whenever they shot out whatever they were shooting out of the canon. Finally they started moving more down, until the whole canon noise started to fade out.

We turned our focus on the other performers and floats, which were more calm, before we knew it the parade was over. We went back on the train and rode it to the station that was next to our place. We got off the train and started walking to our house, talking about everything that we saw today.

Haaayy Wussup. How y'all doing? School fr a month from now, like what the hell? That's crazy yo! I want y'all to know that you're amazing & That you're all here for a reason & That you should try & Live your life to the fullest & Don't let others bring you down. Hope you like this chapter. 

From Yhur 1 And Only Yvonne<3