It was weird.

It was all weird, how could they simply go back to acting as if nothing happened? It confused me, while Xavier was away and dealing with the business of the pack, I was home in my room, listening to their voices as he caught up with them and told them stories of his time away. A few times he's tried to engage me in a conversation with 'how are you doing?' any other time I would ignore him or walk away.

This time he caught me alone in my room, while I waited for Samantha to come pick me up and take me back to the Pack House—the need to escape the house and the people in it, and quite frankly, today was my birthday.

I was finally an adult, eighteen-years-old.

A knock on the wood door caught my attention from the book in my lap, I glance up and inhale, the scent of oak wood and spice filling my nostrils. I glared at the door before turning back to my book.

"Go away," I called out.

The knob turned, and the door was pushed in. I kept my eyes on the page of my book, not bothered to glance up at him, Mason wandered further into the room and stopped just a bit from the bed.

"Hey, Bumb— Abigail." he greeted softly, correcting himself from the slight slip of the tongue.

I kept silent, flipping the page and ignoring his presence, I feel him watch me for a moment longer before moving away but not out of the room. He strode around, examining everything before his footsteps stopped in front of my dresser. It was silent for a millisecond then was shattered.

"You still have this?" his voice filled with disbelief.

I finally look up to spot Mason with the picture frame in his hands staring down at it, analyzing the image. I purse my lips when he looks my way and nod to his question.

"Wow. . ." he breathes, "This was so long ago," he mumbles.

The picture he was staring at was taken when I was six and Mason was eleven, in all honesty, those were some of the best years of my life before I met that pale man; Elijah. That's when everything went south, now thinking of him, I began to wonder why I was receiving this flashes that contain him in them.

"Uh. ." Mason clears his throat, snapping me from my thoughts, making me face him again.

His body was tense, shifting his weight from one foot to another while his hands gripped at the strands of hair in the front.

"I, uh, I wanted to give this to you." he reaches behind him and pulls a small box from his back pocket.

Holding it for a moment longer, he walks forward and stretches his hand out, presenting me the gift. I look up at him, surprised, him not meeting my gaze. I take the box and he takes slow steps backward.

"Happy Birthday, Abigail," he mutters

Then he was gone.

I stare at the space he once occupied and then down at the small gift in my palm, I pop it open and there inside was a silver locket. A car horn honks outside causing me to jump and snap the box close. I jump off the bed and rush to the window facing the front of the house and see a black sleek car sitting in the front, the horn was linked once more.

Stuffing the box in my back pocket, I rush around the room grabbing the things I needed and out the door and down the steps.

"I'll be back," was all I said as I darted out the door and down the porch steps.

As I walked towards the car, I was surprised to see Riley in the driver seat, greeting me with a grin.

"Hey girly," she waved, "It's been awhile. Hop in."

I did as she asked, and she was already pulling away from my house and doing a U-turn back toward the Pack House.

"Where's Samantha?"

"Something came up last minute and she asked me to come bring you," Riley responded, "Happy Birthday by the way!"

I couldn't help but grin, "Thank you."

"The big one-eight! What do you plan to do?"

I shrug. "There's really nothing to do, just hanging out with you all, my house was becoming a bit too. . . overwhelming." I sigh out.

"I know Xavier will be happy to see you." she teased, and after that, we moved from the subject talking about random things.

As I said before, everything was calm but I knew something bigger was coming, and it didn't sit right with my gut and the "beast" in my head, nothing good ever came when it now included me.

~ ✎ ~ ✎ ~

HELLO! It's nice to see you gals 😘

I'm glad I got this update in because I'm sleepy as hell, it seemed that Every time I update its at night and I'm always sleepy 😂😂, sorry if the chapter was short, the rest will be long probably but I'll like to say that I'll be focusing more on this book since it coming to an END

😭😭😭 I know, NOOOOOO! But guess what's next

I'm getting chapters pre-written so y'all don't have to wait on my ass for weeks for just one chapter 💀💀💀 I'll actually be making a schedule for this book! The prologue is up and ready to read! Go check it out

---