IV

4

I swear this happens way too often.

"Annyeonghaseyo, we are BigHit's new girl group." The group's leader introduces us which gave me the reason to break the eye contact with Jimin to look at Soyoung who was standing on my far right.

"I'm Kim Soyoung, 21 years old. I'm the group's leader, the main dancer and the lead rapper." I lean forward to get a better view of her confidently introducing herself.

Just be cool like her Mia.

"Annyeonghaseyo, I'm Lee Jiwon, 21 years old and the group's visual and vocalist." She smiles sweetly showing her natural charms which explains why she's the visual.

My heart beats faster as it gets closer to my turn.

"Annyeonghaseyo, I'm Park Hyeji, also 21, the main rapper and the lead dancer of the group." She turns my head to me signalling for me to start. But it took me a few seconds to realise, and when I did, my eyes expands.

Ah shit. I'm not ready.

"Oh, a-annyeong," shit. It's too late to say 'haseyo'.

Why do I keep forgetting to be formal?

I clear my throat before resuming. "My-my name is Song Mia. I'm 20 years old, and my position is lead vocalist, lead dancer and sub-rapper." I continue in Korean, eventually realising that- now, I'm being way too formal- including the 'my position is' and 'my name is'.

My inner self face palms itself, and I sigh in my own stupidity.

"Okay," I exhale loudly before inhaling again. "I'm still learning Korean, so I'm not fluent yet, which is why I'm speaking in English." All of BTS raise their eyebrows in confusion which made me chuckle. I smirk before continuing.

"I'm full Korean, but I was born and raised in America, so I wasn't really close with the Korean culture. But as I grew up, I discovered music, and wanted to become a singer. So here I am, trying to make it happen." I end it with an innocent smile with both of my thumbs up.

I said some unnecessary information, but I said that on purpose and really fast, knowing that it will leave them dumbfounded.

Too evil Mia- I love it.

The rest of the girls snicker, trying to hold their laugh in, while the rest of BTS members turned to look at RM who was nodding and understanding everything I said. I burst out laughing, seeing their astonished reactions.

"I'm just kidding," I go back to speaking in Korean. "I can still speak and understand Korean pretty well." I chuckle hearing the boys' sigh of relief.

"Ne, annyeonghaseyo. I'm Han Kyoungji, 20, I'm the main vocalist and the maknae." She finished so quickly which embarrassed me with how long I wasted time.

"deul set, bang-" RM leads them.

"TAN!" The rest joins in resulting a thunder in the room which makes me flinch.

"Annyeonghaseyo, bangtan sonyeondan imnida!" They say in unison.

Ok, we definitely have to have a cool introduction with an impact like that.

"We're here to help with anything. So you guys can ask us any questions, advice, techniques-anything." We all just nod our heads looking at each other and stay in silence.

"Alright, why don't we separate. Vocal, dance and rap. And we'll go from there," Jin suggests.

Everyone else starts moving and initiates conversation, but me. Soyoung approaches JHope since they both have the same positions.

Jiwon and Kyoungji walk towards V and Jin who were vocalists. And Hyeji ditches me for Suga and RM to practice rapping.

Why Hyeji? Why do you gotta betray me like this?

Jimin stroll next to Jungkook with his hands around his shoulder, looking at me who wasn't moving.

This is what I hate the most- being alone and having to talk to someone new. I'm the most quietest, most awkward person you'll ever meet when you're still a stranger. I wouldn't even talk, if no one decides to initiate first.

When I just became a trainee, I talked to no one for the first few days. But when Hyeji and I started to share a dorm, she was really open to me, and eventually I did too.

Although I know she regrets knowing my true self, of how much I annoy and whine at her. But I love her like my own sister, especially since I grew as an only child.

"So, do you need help with singing and dancing?" Jimin breaks the quiet atmosphere among the 3 of us.

I stare at him as he walks closer, feeling intimidated. His eye smile, cute cheeks and plump pink lips makes me hold my breath.

"Hm-hmm?" My voice falters.

"Aren't you a vocalist and a dancer? Jungkook and I can help you, unless you wanna focus on rapping..." He unnecessarily explains, which I feel stupid for making him because I totally knew what he was talking about before.

Their help would definitely be useful- BUT, can you imagine how awkward I would be? Two sparkling gems focusing in helping me? Anyone would die to be in that position, but I blame my natural awkward self in not wanting that to happen.

"Uh.." I look around and land my eyes on Jiwon and Kyoungji sitting on the couch with V and Jin.

"I'll focus on singing for now, so I can just join them." I point towards the vocalists and lightly smile.

"Okay, let's go." Jimin waits for me to approach the others. But I speed walk, not even waiting for him- to avoid more awkward silence and barge next to Kyoungji.

"Mia-unnie! Perfect timing! Now go- sing." She exclaims and I furrow my eyebrows in confusion.

I notice everyone else's eyes on me as Jimin and Jungkook settle down. I instinctively feel my cheeks and ears spark fire as I feel them burn.

"W-wae? Main vocalists go first and show us how it's done man." I briskly think of an excuse which was enough to persuade them as everyone switch their sight to her.

She doesn't hesitate to sing the chorus of BTS' song, Hold Me Tight.

I LOVE this song.

I find myself slowly bobbing my head, mouthing out the lyrics with my eyebrows furrowed deeply, feeling the lyrics of the song.

Once she finished, I clapped loudly, which made the rest follow. I'm so proud of our maknae!

I turn away from her, surprisingly seeing BTS snickering at me, but quickly turning neutral when I catch them. Except for that Park Jimin.

His eyes still form a slight curve, smiling widely at my actions earlier.

He's seen way too much. He's seen me cry twice in a day, then being completely different the next day. Being cheerful from my introduction, then awkward when he approached me, and now- being weird. Aish, what's wrong with you Mia.

There's no way I can be friends with BTS now. 

Author:
Ok so this chapter revealed a lot of information, especially about Mia and the type of person she is. She is extremely shy when you first meet her, but when she starts to get comfortable, she's really quirky and sassy, but lovable.

I hope you guys anticipate for the next chapter!

Click that star if you enjoy the story so far 😊
감사합니다!
-키미