Chapter 1

Autumn had just turned 16 it has almost been 16 years since her mother had also passed. She didn't know her mother, but she knew that she missed her more than anything. She was raised by the Ark Mage and a mage named Marvin. The time she spent there she learned with the other mages she had learned many things in all of the schools of magic, but this day she would no longer learn magic but instead, she would go out on her own and explore all of Skyrim.

<Autumns' POV>

 Today is the day and now is the time for me to leave this place behind. I think to myself. I walk down the corridor to the training hall where I know Marvin will be, because lately, that's where he always is. I turn the corner and see him talking with R'Mira, despite the name she is not Kajuite she is a Wood Elf. He's always had a crush on her I just wish he could get some courage to ask her out, but I doubt it will happen though.

He spots me and waves with his goofy grin on his face. I never understood why he is always so happy. He was even happy when the college was attacked by elementals, which is not a fun thing to deal with if you ask me. I walk up to him and he embraces me with a warm hug.

"Hello Autumn" says R'Mira from over his shoulder. I send the greeting back and let go of Marvin.

"I have some great news," says Marvin as he sends a quick glance over to R'Mira.

"Is it what I think it is?" I question.

"I don't know, is it?" R'Mira says answering my question.

I squeal with excitement but then my face goes to a grim expression as I recall what I have to break to him. He notices my expression as he asks, "What's the wrong Autumn?"

I look him in the eye and prepare to break the news. "I have decided that I am leaving to adventure the wilds of Skyrim." Then I quickly look away waiting for his reaction.

"Well, it's your life you can do what you want with it as long as you come back to visit us sometimes and write to us." He states as if he was expecting me to say that.

"O.... Okay! Thanks so much for letting me do this, Marvin." I say as I run to my room to pack for my journey. I grab only a few things and what I do grab are the essentials and few sentimental items.

Before I leave Winterhold I decide to visit my mom's grave one last time. I walk up to the grave and place a handful of different colored mountain flowers, say a prayer then walk away from the grave not knowing if I will ever see her grave again.

*2 Hours Later*

I have been walking for a while now and it hasn't been as great as I had imagined. There hasn't even been a single monster, not even a simple wolf. This is quite surprising because Winterholds' outskirts are typically full of them. I turn another corner as someone nearly runs into me. "LOOK OUT!!!!" A man yells as I turn around to see a frost troll barreling at us. I draw my dagger and quickly conjure my familiar. My familiar darts towards the troll and I turn to run towards the direction the man ran, but when I turn around the man is standing there with his great sword ready to fight. So I decide to stay and fight too.

*10 Minutes Later*

We finally defeat the frost troll by dealing one final fireball to the chest. "Whew, I thought he would never die." I say to the man.

He looks at me as he wipes the sweat away from his forehead and says, "Me too. I'm Margo, who are you?"

I think about whether or not I should tell him my real name or a fake name before I say, "I'm Autumn of Winterhold. And I am 16 how old are you, stranger?"