3. Awakening

"Severus" whimpered Hermione in her sleep, "Severus."

Everyone looked at her astonished, unable to comprehend what was going on, especially the potion master, Severus Snape. After she had fainted in his class, screaming - nearly causing her cauldron to fall right on her inert body, hadn't he stopped it in his track - Severus had levitated his student to Minerva, believing her health was jeopardized by her lack of nutrition. Indeed, it hadn't gone unnoticed to the dungeon bat, that one of his top student - although he prefers dismissing this analysis - was paler and appeared slimmer than usual.

Through the corner of his eye, he paid attention to her more frequently than he could ever admit. He wasn't worried, yet he couldn't grasp the unexpected attention he was unconsciously giving to the witch. Having talked to Minerva about her possible condition, the head of Gryffindor simply dismissed it as something normal through adolescence, yet he knew it was much more than that. After all, his own god-son was losing an excruciating amount of weight due to the pressure his father's failure caused him.

And that particular day it wasn't any different. He had noticed that Hermione couldn't stand on her two feet, swaying slightly from one side to the other, her gaze unable to focus on her potion. Needless to say, for the 'insufferable know-it-all', it was extremely out of character. When she had lost consciousness and was brought to the hospital wing, Severus suggested to bring her to St Mungo's for some checkup, believing her condition was far more alarming than it appeared to the rest of her teachers.

"There is no need Severus, Ms Granger had iron deficiency. I suspect she should have gotten an injection in Muggle London, yet those results say otherwise. She simply needs some rest." Answered the Matron, looking kindly at the dark wizard on the other side of Hermione's bed. "You won't have her in your way for a few days, I can't begin to imagine how thrilled you are." Poppy knew she was teasing him, after all, at every teacher's reunion, he would complain about Hermione's obnoxious presence, constant mumbling and annoying voice.

Severus rolled his eyes, scoffing. "Believe me, that witch better stay here a few more days. I'm starting a new chapter in Potion and I do not want her to ramble on about her faultlessly irritating knowledge. Besides, I plan on taking 50 points to Gryffindor for lack of conduct and miscalculation of health condition."

"I never heard of that" Poppy laughed, "'Miscalculation of health condition', is that even English?"

"As a matter of fact it is, as you understood every word of it. It might not be in the muggle English dictionary as their knowledge and social standard skills don't even reach the tip of my toe." He answered firmly, standing up, his long cloak winging majestically behind him. "I will regain my chambers, do not inform me of her condition, it truly doesn't interest me the slightest. Contact Minerva, she will love to know that her cub who - if you must know, presented troublesome symptoms beforehand - is in your good care. With this, I leave you Poppy."

Before he reached the door, he heard a whisper. A small, feminine whisper. He turned around only to find Poppy with her hand covering Hermione's forehead, her eyes still closed yet her mouth shuddering, mumbling incomprehensible words. As he came closer he froze in his actions as he understood what she was saying. His name. Severus.

His heart skipped a beat as he heard his student say his name, her voice in pain, as if she was searching for him in the darkness of her dreams.

Poppy looked up at the man confused, before waving her wand and sending an elf after Dumbledore and Minerva. The situation was baffling to say the least. No one knew what was going on, only that her heart was seeking towards a man who couldn't help but reject any emotion coming his way.

Especially love.

A/N: Hello everyone, I hope you like this chapter! I can't wait to start the new one, as Hermione is going to wake up

For those that are slightly confused. In chapter 2 at the end the part were Poppy and Severus talk, it happens a week after what happens in chapter 3 (this one) 💞♥️

XOXO