-nineteen

POV: Jimin
The woman let out a small sigh and looked straight at Sota, who was sitting opposite her with a pen and notepad in hand.

"Please, Mrs. Hayashi," Sota said softly. "Take your time. I know that it has indeed been a long time since this happened, and it may take a whi-"

"Oh, don't worry, I remember every single little bit of it," she gritted her teeth. "I just don't like reliving the memory of seeing... him, like that as well."

She didn't need to explain who she was talking about for us to feel sympathy for her. It would have been a great shock to everybody, I'm sure of it.

"Could you please explain what happened?" Sanae approached Mrs. Hayashi with a small, sympathetic smile.

"It was... Gosh, it was getting dark already that day," she shook her head, as if she was trying to shake all the memories out. "I had finally finished marking my students' test papers and I was quickly on my way to the Literature department's office to leave them there so that they could be handed back out the next morning."

"What was your husband teaching?" I asked.

"He taught chemistry, and ah... He was an amazing teacher, I'll tell you that," she sighed. "Anyway, the science office was on the left side of the building, though. I was on the right. I was supposed to go see him straight after I dropped my papers off when another teacher in the office started talking to me. Of course, she was a wonderful little lady and I loved having a little chat with her, but it did hold me back quite a bit."

Mrs. Hayashi played with her hands nervously and tried to piece back the rest of the story, which is the bit where I assume everything goes horribly wrong and probably ended up being a huge blur in her mind.

"I didn't hear anything unusual, nor did I see anything out of the ordinary," she mumbled. "Maybe it was the fact that I was on the other side of the school from my husband, but I definitely couldn't have guessed that something had happened. I know that everybody who got killed were on the left wing, and because of that, I don't know who the disgusting, filthy killer is if that's what you wanted."

"No, no," Namjoon chuckled nervously. "We need all the information we can get, so you being here and talking to us is extremely helpful,"

"Could we possibly ask you a few questions, Mrs. Hayashi?" Sota asked, clicking his pen. "We'd like to see whether you knew any specific details."

"Go ahead," she smiled.

While Sota was quickly scribbling some notes down on his notepad, her eyes shifted towards the back of the room, where Mori was standing. Her eyes widened after a second of scanning his appearance, and then she pointed to him. He finally looked back at her and cracked a tiny, tiny smile. I'd never seen him show any emotion before, so that was surprising to see.

"Morishita Kizuna, is that you?" She asked quietly. "You never got your literature grade back, did you?"