Protectors♡

Diane's point of view

The carriage stopped in the middle of woods. It was absolute silence, only the sound of owls in the trees. Huge looked at me for a moment. 

"Stay here, I need to talk to one of my men." He talked quietly and I nodded.

He left the carriage as few of his men followed him, I looked outside from my carriage's tiny window. 

They waited for some time before two men on horses arrived from other side of the woods. They got off their horses and bowed to Huge.

"I'm not going to waste my time here, so did you do it?" Huge asked them not wasting time.

"Your Highness we tried to last night at a celebration they had but she has people who are protecting her." 

"We could have easily stabbed her from the back without being spotted but.."

"I don't want to hear your damn excuses! I don't care if she has the whole kingdom looking out for her you will either kill her or bring her to me alive!" 

"But your highness, they are so busy with the king's daughter engagement and celebrations...wouldn't it be a perfect opportunity to attack?" 

I could see that made Huge thinking, he was quiet and turned to his right men and they whispered into each other's ears for some time. After a while silent Huge finally spoke out.

"Keep everything clear and inform me about anything that is going on. It's time I get back my kingdom." The men both nodded, bowed then got on their horses and left.

Huge looked towards me with a mean face, I pulled the curtain of the carriage and sat back. All this time that I have stayed with him made me realize being away from my son was so hard for me. Power was not worth it, I wish I could take my son back...

Sebastian's point of view

I ran as soon as I could to get to Mary's chambers, I opened the door and rushed in without knocking, Delphine following me. Mary was on the bed, while lady Olenna and other girls were around her.

She looked up and noticed me, "Mary are you alright? I came as soon as Delphine told me you nearly fainted. are you sick?" I touched her face but she nodded her head.

"yes I'm fine, I just needed to talk to you and Francis about something." she looked really serious which worried me a little.

I called Francis and took Mary with me. 

"Good Morning bash, Mary. is everything ok?" Francis walked closer, I could see a cut on his face. Father had told me about his drunken fight last night. But I didn't believe it.

"Mary nearly fainted this morning. She's been starting to have visions again." 

Francis looked at her then touched her shoulders gently, "I'm sorry are you feeling better? you do look a little pale." 

She smiled faintly, "Thank you, Francis, I'm good now. It's just... I'm really worried about Kenna. The vision I had...it wasn't a good one. She's not safe in the palace." Her voice sounded broken. 

Francis looked upset, he hugged Mary then looked at me. "Now you all believe me someone did try to attack her last night?" 

"I always believed you brother. We need to find out what's going on." I replied and he nodded.