Two

To be able to do a thorough check up, the policemen had to uncuff Jeongguk in order to undress him properly. They started with his hoodie, pulling it over his head and leaving his chest bare, so Yoongi could listen to his heart and lungs. Jeongguk was as emotionless as he was since he arrived there, letting himself be carried around like a puppet.

Dr. Min unwrapped the stethoscope from around his neck, pushing the buds into his ears as he took hold of the chestpiece to hold it over the younger's heart. Jeongguk winced at the coldness of the metal but tried to stay as still as possible.

"Breathe normally, please." Yoongi commanded, listening intently for the pattern of the beats counting each one in the course of a minute to decide if the organ was working properly.

The beats were regular, though a little rushed than normal which made Yoongi suspect that the younger might be a little nervous about the results too or he might just be suffering from tachycardia. He'll need to take a more detailed test to find out for sure.

"Taehyung-shi, please write down the following analysis Jeongguk needs to be examined for." Dr. Min said as he took the stethoscope's buds out of his ears to wrap it back around his neck.

"Yes, Doctor." Taehyung woke the computer to check the boxes on the younger's file.

"Electrocardiogram." Yoongi murmured. "Spirometry and Audiometry."

The physical test went better than expected since Jeongguk didn't have any anomalies the doctor could feel at touch or see with his bare eyes. It was a relief for Yoongi because that meant it was one less thing he had to worry about, regarding the patient's condition.

Seeing how the younger started to yawn in the middle of the examination, Dr. Min decided to end it right there and they would pick it up where they left it the next morning. The boy needed a good night's sleep before they could do anything else and they'd make sure to give him something to help the younger relax in case he couldn't rest.

"Let's continue this tomorrow morning after you take his blood sample. It's pretty late and Jeongguk, here, has been through a lot today. Please, escort him to his room and make sure he has everything he needs." Yoongi nodded, taking off his surgical gloves to throw them into the trash can.

Slowly, the younger started gathering his clothes to dress back into his streetwear. The oversized hoodie wasn't doing him any justice by hiding his toned upper body. Taehyung could tell he liked to work out just by looking at the defined ridges of his abs and biceps. Judging by his style of fashion, anyone could tell that the younger was coming from a wealthy family and could afford anything he dreamed about.

Some people may wonder how one who has anything he could wish for can turn out like this? And the answer is simple: money doesn't bring happiness. That's what Taehyung always said and believes it truly because he knows from his own experience. His parents may be rich and spoil him with the greatest things Taehyung himself couldn't even think of, but when he returns back home after a long shift at work he still wishes there was someone waiting for him on his expensive couch with a cup of hot cocoa in his hands and a blanket ready to be filled for a cuddle session.

The guards escorted them down a few corridors to get to the young man's new bedroom. The pale white that surrounded them wasn't as comforting for the patients as the assistant thought it would be. Every single one he had to escort got more terrified with each step they took further into the asylum and it broke Taehyung's heart to see someone so scared for no reason other than what their minds created. But it wasn't anything he could do about it but do his job in calming the people in his own ways.