One

October 9th, Monday afternoon

It was another usual night shift on another crazy night. Well, rather unusual given the circumstances one would face working in this field. Kim Taehyung was a novice medical assistant at Yonsei Lee Health Clinic in the heart of Seoul. Or as most people would put it, a nurse. He didn't like the latter term too much since he considered it be somehow degrading. His job was far more complicated than people seemed to believe it was.

He's been familiar with what goes on behind the doors of a psychiatry clinic for a good part of his life; three years to be more specific. He's always been fascinated by the subject; how the human brain works and the way it manifests when it gets sick. One of the reasons he chose medicine was his parents. They were both working in the medical field, his father being a famous neurosurgeon and his mother, a pediatrician.

It was Monday, October 1st, marking Taehyung's weekiversary – as he liked to call it – since he started his first job. He felt blessed to have found such an amazing group of people in the staff who guided him since day one. It also helped that he had his parents watching his back and making sure everyone knew who he was, although Taehyung sometimes wished he was just a regular man hired to do the job he applied to.

The weather was starting to get chilly as sunset washed over the city's skyline and luckily for him, Taehyung chose the right outfit for the day; the black skinny jeans hugged his legs perfectly and the plush orange sweater was the perfect choice beneath the black trench coat. The leaves were floating nostalgically, landing on the ground silently. The streets were decorated in a combination of orange and red as the fall was doing its job in ridding the trees of their leaves. It was magnificent to watch the process take place and it relaxed him as he made his way through the crowds towards his workplace.

It was a blessing to have found a job so near his house that it only took him fifteen minutes to get to. The small apartment he received as a graduation present from his parents was the greatest gift he could receive. He didn't have a driver's license, sadly, but he was thinking of applying to a driving school sometime soon because shopping could get really tiring when he had to carry all the items but it would all come in good time. Right now, he had to focus on his career; making one.

As soon as he opened the front door of the clinic, he was greeted by the security guards, Ian and Jason, who were on guard that night. They smiled sweetly at Taehyung because he always got that reaction from everyone, and asked for his ID card to swipe it as a proof he was present on yet another day at work.

"Thanks, guys. I'll see you around." Taehyung raised his hand that held the card to wave at the guys before continuing his walk towards the changing room.

On the way, he stopped by the canteen to greet Seokjin as well, one of his close friends along with Jimin, his fellow assistant and the one he found inside the changing room, getting ready for his shift.

"Taehyung-shi, welcome back." Jimin smiled sweetly at him, folding his streetwear into his own cabinet.

"Hello to you, too, Jimin-shi." Taehyung took off his coat and started undressing to change into his red scrubs as well.

Some people might say that wearing red clothing near patients with mental illnesses might enrage them or encourage an abusive behavior but it was all just a myth. Most of the patients, as well as the staff, complimented Taehyung's choice of color for his personal medical attire.

"How was your weekend? Did you visit your mom and dad in New York?" Jimin asked as he searched for his name tag through his messy locker.

Park Jimin was a kind soul – according to Taehyung, who was a master in reading people – who would always ask about his day or concerns since he was the best fit to help Taehyung. His hair was a light brown that complimented his dark eyes, just a couple of shades darker, and it amused Taehyung when he found out that even though Jimin was older than him – by just a couple of months, that is – his height was just a few inches shorter. One inch! It's not a big deal! Dr. Min is the same height as me and he calls me a shorty?! He'd said a couple of days ago when he was venting to Taehyung about one of the complexes he has.