13. Tell Kimberly

After Tate's car is out of the driveway I go to the kitchen. My mom and Kimberly are sitting at the table. Kimberly is coloring in her coloring book.
"Hey, how did it go?" My mom asks me looking up.
"Can I talk to you?" I ask her. She nods her head. Before she comes with me she makes sure that Kimberly is all set and ready to go so she won't bother us. We go to the stairs and about halfway up we stop.
"So what happened?" She asks me once more.
"I am stuck with him." I shrug my shoulders up and she smiles.
"Are you serious?" She sounds really happy.
"Yeah, I changed into a fairy and all he did was hold me for a moment. I even grew a flower and handed it to him. He wants to see the other world." I tell her what happened.
"So are you going to reconsider?" She asks me.
"Yeah, I am." I nod my head.
"Well take your time. He seems like a really sweet boy." She gets a little serious.
"He is, he is." I nod my head once more.
"What do you have to do now?" She asks me.
"After we march tomorrow I have to go get the map. After I have the map I am taking Tate and Kimberly to the other world. After that I save the world." I make it sound so casual but in reality it isn't. I guess that I am still numb to it.
"Don't bring Kimberly with you. Bring her home." My mom says to me.
"I will, she doesn't need to be there." I wasn't planning on bringing her anyway.
"Well I think now you have to tell her." My mom reminds me.
"I guess I do." I say walking down the stairs. Here goes nothing. I walk into the kitchen and I tap Kimberly on the shoulder.
"What?" She asks me.
"I have to talk to you." I tell her and her face fills with fear. "You are not in trouble." I assure her. She closes her coloring book and fallows me to her room. She gets into her bed while I shut the door. I take a deep breath.
"Tate didn't hurt you did he?" She sticks her bottom lip out. "If he did I will pound him." She raises her fists.
"No, Tate did nothing." I smile at her and she lowers her fists. She sounds kinda discouraged.
"What's wrong?" She asks me. I take a seat next to her.
"This is about you and me. This is about Dad." I tell her.
"I never met Dad." She says shrugging her shoulders. "What does it have to do with me?"
"I know you never met Dad, but there is a secret that he kept until a while ago. He passed something to you that makes you very special." I explain to her. She is zoned in. "Now you know that I would never lie to you about something like this." She nods her head at me.
"I always trust you Harley. You have never led me wrong." Well that is good to know.
"You know that you are a flower child. You know that we march and throw flowers. You know that we dress differently and you know that we are different.
     There is true flower children that have it in their blood then there is adopted flower children. You and me we are true blooded flower children because Dad was a true blooded flower child.
     When I was born and when you were born. We were born with powers. You can turn into a fairy and grow flowers. You can teleport and use telekinesis. You have been able to since you where born." I tell her. She smiles at me.
"I wanna be a fairy!" She says to me.
"Do you really?" I ask her.
"Yeah, I wanna be a fairy!" She says again bouncing.
"There is more." That gets her attention and she sits still with a look of seriousness on her face. "There is another world that I have seen beyond the clouds. There is mermaids and fairies and magic. There is flowers everywhere and kids running around." Her eyes get wide and sparkly.
"Can I see it?" She asks me.
"I will take you tomorrow." I tell her.
"Do you promise?" She asks me.
"Of course. After we march I have to go to the book store. After that I will take you and Tate." Her face goes sideways again.
"That baboon knows?" She asks me.
"Kimberly, that isn't nice. Yes he knows." She shrugs her shoulders. "You can't tell anyone about this though."
"You told Tate." She states.
"Well I am older and Tate won't run his mouth. You will understand when you get older as well" I just hope she understands.
"I got it. I got it. When can I turn into a fairy?" She asks me.
"Do you mean like this?" I change and stand on her bed as her eyes gets wide.
"I want to do that!"
"Well stand up and think about it. It will happen." I tell her and she stands on her bed. She thinks for a moment then she is about my height. She opens her eyes and starts screaming.
      "This is awesome!" She tells me.
"I know it is." I change back and so does she. The powers come easier and faster when you are younger.
"Are you excited to see the other world?" I ask her.
"Yeah, I am. I wish we could do right now!" Her eyes get wide once more.
"I wish we could go now too." I play with her hair for a moment.
"Does mommy know about our powers?" She asks me.
"Yes she does. Mommy is the one that told me about them."
"So we can talk to mommy about them?" She asks me.
"Yeah, we can." I tell her. With that she gets an idea.
"I am going to tell mommy!" She yells jumping off of her bed and running down the stairs. I just shake my head.