11. No

"No." I tell him. My voice gets low and quiet.
"That is okay." He says sounding discouraged.
"Tate, I really like you." I make it clear to him.
"I know." He sounds really sad. I can't blame him. I probably just broke his heart.
"I get that that doesn't help but..." He cuts me off as I think of words to say.
"You don't need to explain yourself." Well darn it. There is a good chance I am going to die saving the world so whatever.
"Come over after school and I will show you. If you stay by my side then I will reconsider." I tell him. He smiles at that. We go back to the cafeteria and he leaves so I can talk to Evan alone.
     "What was that about?" Evan asks me.
     "We came to an understanding." I tell him. With that I begin my story. I tell him everything from start to finish and by the end of it his jaw is on the floor.
     "Your kidding?" He asks me.
     "No, watch this." I lift his juice bottle off of the table and set it back down with my telekinesis.
     "That is utterly insane." He tells me.
     "I know it is." With that we head to class after throwing our trash out. I don't know what else to say and neither does Evan. I think having school today it pointless.
     At least all we will do is watch movies and socialize. That makes me feel better. After school I have to go to the library to find that map. Tate is coming over though. That means I have to wait.
     I will go to the library first thing tomorrow after we march. The day dreadfully ticks by until lunch time comes around. I head to my last lunch of the school year.
     A bagged lunch filled with baked chips, string cheese, and a sandwich. I find a seat next to Evan and we both start eating.
"That is still so crazy. I can't believe it." He tells me.
"You think I can?" I ask him.
"That is a lot of information. I have no words." He tells me. I didn't tell him that I may not come back. He couldn't handle that. I have faith that I will but it will always be in the back of my mind.
"Trust me, I have no words either." I tell him honestly. We finish our lunch and go our separate ways for our last of couple classes of the day. I am actually looking forward to seeing Tate.
     He makes me happy in some ways. The classes tick by until the last class gets it turn. I am sad but I am excited. I am looking forward to summer but I am not either because that means I have to do something that is thought to be impossible.
      I don't think I can handle it. I take my seat in the classroom and I wait for Tate to show up. He walks in and takes a seat.
"Hey beautiful." He compliments me and I put my head down blushing. I run my fingers though my flower braided hair. He gets a huge smile on his face.
"Okay class, today we will just chill out." The teacher says to us. I figured that much. Tate and I find some sort of way to talk the whole class period without bringing what happened up this morning.
     I am scared to tell him and I don't know how. The final bell of the day rings telling us to go home.
"Have a good summer!" The teacher yells at us as we basically run out of the door to go home. Tate and I leave together nearly hand in hand. I already know he is hoping I will say yes when I reconsider.
      He does not yet know what he is getting into. All I know is I am about to put him to the test. I get Kimberly from school. She comes to me excited.
     "How was your day?" I ask her.
     "It was good! I will be a big girl now!" She tells me. She will be going to kindergarten next year.
     "You are already a big girl you are just getting bigger!" I tell her. Her mouth gets wide. "Tate is coming over." I inform her. Her mood goes sour.
     "Uhh?" She rolls her eyes at me.
     "Oh you like Tate." I remind her and she changes the subject.
     "Are we marching tomorrow?" She asks me.
     "Of course we are!" I tell her as she climbs into the car. I buckle her up and we head home as she rambles about her day to me.
     The closer we get to home the more nervous I get. My stomach is in knots and Kimberly rambling is the only thing keeping me from going insane from the nerves. I help her out of the car and my mom pulls up.
     She is home early today and honestly I am glad. She takes Kimberly inside. I go in shortly after them. I head right to my room and I take my hair out. I take my shoes off and put my backpack up until next school year.
     I just nervously await Tate's arrival. I sit on my bed swinging my legs back and forth. My phone lights up and Tate's number shows on my screen.
Tate-
     I am on my way.
Harley-
     I am ready.
     I reply back to him. I can't even force a smile. He will surely run once he learns all of this crazy magic that I posses. I still can hardly believe it myself much less have someone else believe it as well.
     I am ruining everything by doing this and there is nothing inside of me that tells me he will stay after tonight. I pick up my phone once more and text him.
Harley-
     How far away are you?
Tate-
      Just leaving, I have to stop for some gas.
Harley-
      Okay, I am just wondering.
Tate-
     If you don't wanna show or tell me you don't have too.
Harley-
     I have to, you have to know what your getting into.
Tate-
     Are you sure that your ready to show me or tell me?
Harley-
     Yeah, I am ready 100%.
     Honestly I don't even believe myself.