Chapter 4

??? POV
A scream resounded throughout the mansion. A scream so high pitched that many of the windows cracked. Birds flew south, animals fled the scene. The intruders soon found themselves withering in pain. Soon they passed out.

The culprit of the scream rubbed her throat, feeling sore. She hasn't used her voice in a long time and so this simple action had strained her throat. But even she didn't expect her scream to be that high pitched.

She quickly rushed to the kitchen to get provisions for her long trip.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile
"Someone's following us," Raven whispered to Lyre.

"No kidding," Lyre grumbled, "no doubt it's her."

"What do you have against her?"

"Nothing much, just that staying with her might kill me."

"Well.....that matches with what I know if her," Raven responded, looking up at the branches that crisssrossed overhead.

As much as Lyre wanted to know how he knew all these things, she also knew that it was a sensitive topic. Most likely something that's gonna lead a really long depressing story that won't really change anything.

Plus they had a stalker that probably heard everything because she revealed herself at the moment.

' How did these two realize that I was there?' This world had no qi and although they had magic, it wasn't the kind that sharpened their senses. Logically speaking, they shouldn't have been able to reveal her presence even if their senses were enhanced. But how they did it was none of her concern, unless others could also do and from her observations, they couldn't.

"How did you teleport," she asked, skipping the pleasantries. At the competition, the person in front of her had teleported out of the barrier. She teleported, not morphed. The amount of power needed to do it was tremendous, adding to that, she had to go pass the barrier.

She believed that with that much power, it was possible for her to return back home. Never did she think that it was Lyre's own power (technically) that did it, not some sort of godly artifact like she thought it was.

Or wherever she transmigrated too. She still had to take revenge, afterall.

Maybe after that she can go back to the modern world.

"Teleport? You obviously use a teleportation roll to teleport" Lyre responded, acting confused.

"You teleported out of the arena, during the duel between you and I. The duel was held in the capital," Xia Jiao said slowly, as if speaking to an inbecil.

"Don't remember, sorry."

Xia Jiao made a faint, and Lure instantly retreated a few feet.

"So violent," Raven whistled, watching from the sidelines.

Xia Jiao ignored him and started to speak, "I have inserted a poison into your blood stream. It will slowly kill you....unless you tell me how you teleported," she said dangerously. To this kind of person, threatening was the most effective way.

"Raven," Lyre called.

"Yeah?"

"I'm leaving her to you, bye." And just like that, Lyre left Raven with the rather violent woman.

"Hey! What was that for?!"

Receiving no answer, he glared at the woman.

"Getting home isn't that hard, you know. If you die, I'm sure you'll go straight to hell," he grumbled.

A paper appeared into his hands and he quickly ripped it before the woman tried to do anything else.

Xia Jiao was left behind yet again, calming herself down by thinking, 'don't get angry over ants. They aren't worth your anger.'
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Heeeey, why'd you leave me?" Raven complained.

"Your the one that hinted to her about my identity," Lyre said, still grumpy.

"But what if I DIED?!"

"You have your ways. Plus, I beleive in your abilities," Lyre said, throwing out a compliment that would stop his complaining, "that's how you found me, right?"

"I do have my ways," he said grinning evilly, like a child thinking of rulling the world.

"And your smart."

"Yup, I'm pretty smart."

"Skilled, pationate, reliable, brilliant, childish, genius, fast, fun, bold, kind, brave, idiotic, powerful, charismatic , sly, handsome, allert, womanizer, agile, amazing, capable...."

"Yup, I'm all of those," he said, only half paying attention because of he really was laying attention, he's catch all the words that weren't complements.

"Of course, I won't be calmed that easily," he continued.

"'Course you arren't, "Lyre said, not really caring, "there's also a beautiful half-dead girl just behind those trees."

"We're in the middle of nowhere."

"Yeah, that's probably why she's half dead."