Strawberry Cake

"Ryuzaki, I'm coming in." I said politely before opening the door.

L was sitting on the couch with a mountain of sweets on the glass table in front of him.

"Sorry I didn't open the door for you. I'm busy watching Light on this monitor." L mumbled, taking a sip of his coffee right after dropping in at least five sugar cubes. "You don't have to call me Ryuzaki all the time now, you know. Just L is fine."

"I'm used to calling you Ryuzaki." I grumbled, sitting on the couch next to him. L was sitting in his awkward crouch position like usual. His baggy eyes gazed at me as he handed a cup of coffee.

"Thank you." I took the warm cup, tossing in seven cubes of sugar. L watched the big monitor on the wall with a bored expression on his face. On the screen, Light was sitting on a sofa half asleep while Misa appeared to be complaining again.

"Casualties." I sighed, stirring my coffee with a popsicle stick. L nodded, placing his thumb in his mouth.

"Light must be a lucky man, dating a star like Misa." L began unwrapping a lollipop.

"You must have forgotten that you have me." I scoffed, sipping my sweet coffee.

"Hmm? Yes, of course ______." L took his baggy eyes off the monitor to look at me. "I'll never forget that."

I smiled, taking a piece of candy off the table and putting it into his mouth.

L picked up a plate of strawberry cake and picked at it with a small fork. I watched him as he was about to take a bite out of it, until he suddenly stopped.

"Why are you staring at me? Are you annoyed that I'm the only one that has cake?" L said in his blunt voice.

"Yes I am, L-kun." I took another sip of coffee, still staring at him. L held the fork up to my mouth. I took a bite, savoring the sweet taste.

"You know, I don't usually share my cake with anyone. However, you're an exception." L stated, scratching his head. On the screen, Misa was cuddling with an annoyed Light.

"______-chan, watching these two for hours is a nuisance." L scooted closer to me, his dark eyes peering into mine. "Let's take a break from them. I'll give you this strawberry if you keep it a secret."

He was holding the strawberry stem up by his finger and thumb. L scooted closer to me, his face inches away from mine.

"Deal." I simply answered, pushing the hair out of his eyes. L smiled slightly, leaning in to my forehead. He pushed the strawberry into my mouth, watching me chew it slowly.

L closed his dark eyes, pushing his pale lips onto mine. Surprised, I responded and brushed his messy hair with my fingers. L stopped and his eyes shot open when the phone behind me rang.

"I hate it when phones interrupt at times like this." L kicked the phone off the table, ignoring it completely. He pressed his lips to mine again, abandoning the phone on the floor and the big screen on the wall. He pulled away, resting his forehead on mine.

"Interesting. You taste like strawberries." L brushed his finger across my lips, giving me another kiss.