Chapter 32: Alone

ARI

Still trying to wrap my head around the death threats I received, I made my way home.

Everyone was waiting for me patiently, not realizing what had just happened.

Alex was pacing before his nose twitched in the air.

He noticed me and came to me. This time I let him. I was scared now. I think I'm going to die tomorrow.

Alex's blue eyes twinkled in sadness again and stopped before he could reach me.

He must think I'm still scared of him. He didn't know all I wanted to do was be with him.

I padded closer to him and leaned against his leg, before sitting down by his feet.

His hand touched my head and I closed my eyes, relishing in how good it felt.

"You want to change back?" Nathan asked with a pair of clothes in his hands.

I looked at him with confusion.

"She doesn't know how. Every time she would turn, she would have to go to sleep in order to change back." My mother told him.

Nathan wiped his face, sighing.

"Alex, do me a favor and teach her."

Alex looked down at me and smiled before he grabbed the clothes from his dad and led us behind a tree where he turned around, facing away from me.

"Okay Ari, this part is probably the easiest. It didn't hurt to change back. All you have to do is feel it. Feel your bones changing back into your human body. If it's hard then try imagining it."

I did my best with imagining myself turn back into a human but my body wouldn't move. I closed my eyes and concentrated on my bones. One by one, I felt each bone in my body and then like magic, I was me again.

Alex turned a little and I yelped, covering my naked body. "Don't look!"

Alex dropped the clothes in his hands onto the floor and covered his eyes. "Oh god! I'm sorry!"

I turned beet red. Did he see me? I looked down at my body feeling self conscious now.

Alex didn't move. "Uh Alex, can you toss me the clothes?" I would get them but I don't want to flash him.

Alex felt around the floor with his eyes shut tight before locating the clothes and then throwing them to me.

I quickly got dressed and then cleared my throat.

Alex turned around slowly, his neck and cheeks tomato red. He chuckled nervously before leading me back to the field where my mother was having an argument with Zander.

Those two I swear.

"Not tonight!" My mother said through clenched teeth.

"Why not!" Zander complained.

"B-because I don't have anything to wear, that's why." She crossed her arms in a stubborn manner.