Chapter 14: Serving Time with the Devil

ARI

"You're late." My mother glared at me when I walked into her office.

"Sorry, I had to clean my face." I said glancing at Alex, giving him the evil eye. "You know, because of all the sauce and blood." Alex tried to smother his laughter but failed. I walked towards the only chair in my moms office but found papers stacked on it. I groaned and took a seat next to Alex on the couch who scooted far away from me. I too hugged the end of the couch trying to get as far away from him as possible.

My mother, who watched us with a frown, cleared her throat and narrowed her eyes at me. "Are you okay?" She asked, still concerned.

"Uh, yeah." I said touching my now healed nose. I had to reset it in the bathroom but it did the job.

Through my peripheral vision, I could see Alex's face. He was looking at me with guilt but as soon as I looked at him, he turned his head and looked at my mom.

"Are you okay?" She asked actually concerned for him.

Alex nodded in response.

"Now, Alex, I don't know what happened but I know that Arianna is not responsible, therefore, I am sorry to say but I have to suspend you for 3 days time." My mother pursed her lips and I couldn't help but smirk at Alex. I almost screeched in victory.

Alex stood up, balling his fists and stepped closer to my mothers desk. "Excuse me? You can't do this to me. Do you have any idea who my father is?"

I stood up too and stood next to my mother. "Step back now." I threatened him.

My mothers heart rate spiked. She stood up as well and placed her hand on my shoulder, squeezing it. "Honey, please, calm down."

I shrugged her hand off. "I'm fine, mom."

Alex spoke again, making my blood pressure sky rocket. "My father owns you."

"Excuse me young man?" My mother asked appalled.

"I said, my father literally owns you. He owns this school." Alex pulled out his phone and punched in a couple of numbers. "Oh." He pretended to be shocked that we were still there. "Would you like to speak to him."

My mother and I looked at each other.

"Well?" Alex asked, waiting for our answer.

"Yes, I would actually." My mother stepped closer to Alex but pulled out her own phone and started to dial a number. "Oh." She said mimicking Alex. "Would you like to talk to him first."

I snickered.

Alex shook in his spot. "You cant do this, it's not fair. She still hit me."

My mother sighed and looked at me sighing again. "Fine."

"Wait what?" I asked confused.

"Well Ari, you did hit him and he's right, both of you should be punished." My mother sat back down on her desk and wrote something on a paper.

"But mom-" She cut me off.

"I'm sorry honey but I have to punish you both but I wont suspend you."

She handed each of us a pink slip. I scanned it and scoffed.

"Three weeks of detention?! What the hell mom!"

"Ari! I'm only doing this to protect you." She clasped her hands together and pursed her lips. "Now, I want you to report back to my office after school starting today for the next three weeks, and no excuses."