44 | The Last Lesson

You felt light. 

For the past few days, your heart had been a rough knot pushing against the inside of your chest, and it now felt as if it had come untied. There was an incomparable feeling of warmth and comfort that hit you when you first opened your eyes, finding Jimin's face in front of you.

Sometimes, you sat down in an uncomfortable place, or couldn't sleep in a particular position. The feeling that overcame you was like that of falling asleep anyway—of being in a shitty situation, but managing to find a patch of sunlight in the most desolate garden. Hope.

You felt hope.

"How long are you going to stare at me?"

You flinched momentarily, before exhaling and lightly hitting Jimin's chest. "Jeez, you scared me."

"That was my intention, yes." He yawned, a sleepy, smug smile on his face. "You deserve it, though."

With a deep breath, you smiled and lay back down into the pillows supporting you. Your neck and spine creaked when you tried to move, and your mouth felt horrible and dry, but you barely cared. You were in a good place, and you weren't going to move on anytime soon.

"What do we do now?" Jimin questioned, placing his palm against your bare back in a gentle caress. "I've never really had to talk to someone after sex, in a serious-relationship way, so I'm a little lost here."

"I'd tell you, but I'm just as bad at this as you are."

"True, that."

"How about we brush?" you suggested suddenly, the stench emanating from your mouth hitting you like a ton of bricks. "God, I forgot to brush last night."

"I think your mouth smells because of my—"

"Please." You smiled, scrunching up your face, and placed a hand on his chest, pushing him slightly away from you. "Not round three."

Jimin laughed. The first sunbeams of the day filtered through the window and caught in his hair like light in spiderwebs, making it shine. You held your breath.

"I can't believe that," you said at length, looking at him with pure affection in his eyes.

Jimin's heart constricted in his chest as he noticed the way you were looking at him. So this is why domestic stuff was so popular with his friends. "Believe what?"

"That you look like that."

He smiled evenly. "You know what I can't believe yet?"

"Hm?" You felt lazy again—well, no, not exactly lazy. You felt utter comfort, right there in his arms, after a few hours of undisturbed sleep.

"That Taehyung fed you that bullshit." His face dropped. "Do you think he was lying, or—"

"I don't know," you said softly, tracing an invisible pattern into his chest. "I don't think I'll ever know. And weirdly, I'm okay with that."

A slow smile bloomed on his features, making him glow, like light coming out through a crack. "What now?"

"We talk."

"Uh-huh," he mumbled, closing his eyes and pressing his forehead to yours. Your breath was soft, unmatched with his, but it felt like a ballad, setting him at peace. "Why else would we be here?"

|

"Why are we here?" Taehyung raised an eyebrow as he watched Jimin slide his hands into his pockets. "Do you two want to beat me up or something?"

"Well, I'd love to." Jimin glared at the boy. "But no—I have no clue why we're here either."

The dark-haired boy frowned before turning to the third party present in the empty room. "Did you do this on purpose, Jungkook?"