~Chapter14~

"Niall!" My mind went on auto-pilot. The only thing it was thinking was I need to save Niall. I tried to slip myself from Harry's grip, but it was like a vise. When I couldn't see his body anymore, I went hysterical and took it out on Harry.

"Why didn't you let me go save him!? I could've gone down there and saved him! If I had just a little--" My words mixed together, not really making sense. Even as my hands flew at harry, he did nothing to stop them.

"He's going to die Harry. Niall is going. . .to. . .die!" I choke out between the sobs that have managed to escape my throat. Harry just embraces me in a hug, and I can see tears staring to form in his eyes also.

"I want to reassure you that he could make it out alive, but . . . I'm not one to make empty promises," I buried my head in his shoulder and cried even harder.

"Guys, we got to get of this bus before it topples over," Liam says quietly. I silently obey and almost as soon as we're all out, a team of paramedics, fire fighters, and news reporters swarm the place.

"Is that everyone?" asks one firefighter. Chocolate Chunk is the only one who can manage to say anything.

"Niall. He fell out the window and down that cliff," he informs them. Their eyes grow wide and they rush over the side of the cliff, to begin their search and rescue. The news reporters take the opening and begin to bombard us with questions about the accident.

"Mr. Chunk, were you drinking at the time of the accident?"

"Did Niall really fall out the window?"

"How come Niall is the only hurt? More accurately, why is Niall the only one that might die?"

"Harry, who's that girl you're holding?"

"Have some damn respect!" Zayn roars suddenly. We're all taken aback by his sudden outburst and stand there in stunned silence.

"Don't you see we were just in an accident? We don't even know how it happened ourselves and our best friend might be dying and all you can think about are making up stupid rumors!?" He stomps off and in the heat of the moment, punches the side of the bus. Louis and Liam rush to his side.

"You heard the boy. Scat!" Harry growls. The reporters finally take the hint and scatter to their vans like a bag of marbles.

"We found his body!" cries a voice over the railing. Harry and I rush over, since Louis and Liam are preoccupied with Zayn.

The paramedics have him on a stretcher, but it's Niall is barely recognizable. His face is all scratched and bruised from the fall and his body was probably in worse condition, but it was covered by his clothing.

"Thankfully, it wasn't a long fall and he rolled onto a ledge that saved him another twenty foot fall. We were just able to save him without making him fall and he seems to only have a concussion and minor to critical flesh wounds, but who knows what happened inside,"

I thank the man for actually telling us what's going on instead of just brushing us off like they usaually do. He says he understands what it's like to lose someone you love and not know why. and we leave it at that. They haul Niall into the ambulance and soon the place is deserted except for the few cops leftover who offer to drive us to the hospital where they're taking Niall. Zayn seems to have calmed down and joins us.

We immediately agree and pile into one car. Remember, there's five of us and the back of a cop car isn't exactly roomy. I end up on Harry's lap and Chocolate Chunk has to sit int he front, of course.

"Are you sure you guys are comfortable back there?" The cops eyes us dubiously.

"Yeah," we chorus. We need to be together now more than ever. We hold each others hands again the whole ride. When we get to the hospital, we demand to see Niall, but he hadn't gott here no more then ten minutes before us so they didn't even know what was wrong with him, yet.