Chapter 26- Doubles with Fudomine

Start from the beginning

"I'll make them!" Mizuki announced.

Mizuki made the straws and everyone drew one. Ayame didn't feel so great as she realized that they were playing doubles.

"One set match!" Mizuki announced. "Kanna-Ibu pair versus Kamio-Tachibana pair! Kanna to serve!"

Ayame hit a forward Twist Serve, as Kamio couldn't return it.

"15-0!"

"She hits it almost like Echizen's Twist," Yuuta remarked.

'I won't go rough on you since you're a girl',Ayame thought as she stared at An, who was receiving.

Ayame hit a backwards Twist Serve that time, stunning everyone else on the court.

"3...30-0..." Mizuki announced with some slight hesitation.

"Did that Twist Serve just go the other way?" Yuuta asked.

"This is what you call the reverse Twist Serve," Ayame said aloud. "If you think I can't play as good as my idiot best friend, then you've got another thing coming!"

"Game, Kanna-Ibu pair. 1-0! Change court!"

Ayame had easily held serve by alternating between her Twist Serves.

"Damn!" Yanagizawa exclaimed.

"Kanna's really good," Yuuta remarked. "I wonder if she's ever won against Echizen..."

"Oh, I have," Ayame said as she passed by the bench that Yuuta and Yanagizawa were sitting on. "But he beat me too. We each have 10 wins and 10 losses as of now."

It was then Kamio's serve. Shinji returned the serve. Ayame began playing like as though the match was a 2v1, not allowing Shinji to return. She also easily returned Kamio's Sonic Bullets.

"0-15!"

"What the... Kanna is returning all the balls and she's not letting Ibu play dane," Yanagizawa pointed out.

"She's probably not good at doubles," a voice said.

"Aniki!" Yuuta said in surprise.

"Kanna has always been playing singles," Fuji said. "She said that she's only played an actual doubles match once and admitted that it was hard. There was one other time where she played a strange kind of doubles. She played against the Golden Pair alone and won."

"So she's that good dane?!" Yanagizawa exclaimed.

"Kanna is able to use the Tenimuhou no Kiwami," Fuji said. "She used that in addition to Eiji's Seal Step to simulate doubles. The Golden Pair also used Synchro, and they played evenly. But in the end, Kanna's Tenimuhou no Kiwami won."

"0-30!"

Ayame had been stealing the returns from Shinji whenever a rally started, taking on An and Kamio alone. She managed to get points on her own despite being at a disadvantage from the outside perspective.

"I'm raising the rhythm!" Kamio shouted, clearly frustrated that Ayame had been easily reaching the balls.

"Why is Kanna-chan playing like as if I'm not here?" Shinji began muttering to himself. "She's playing like as if this was a singles match, but against two opponents... Maybe she's doing this to get attention to herself because she wants to show that she can play evenly against two opponents... Ah... I guess it's okay since we're winning, but..."

"Take this!" Ayame yelled as she smashed the ball.

"Kanna's been running all over the court for all this time dane," Yanagizawa remarked. "If she doesn't stop running that fast soon, she won't last for the whole set dane."

"I wonder about that," Fuji said.

"What do you mean?" Yuuta asked.

"I've seen Kanna play more than one sets running all over the court, and she wasn't really out of breath," Fuji answered. "She's also played a match with Echizen before the Nationals and they went into a tiebreak that ended at a score of 200-200 because they both fainted. Her stamina is really good, and I'll bet that she's been working hard in America as well."

"Game, Kanna-Ibu pair! 2-0!"

It was Shinji's serve, and again Ayame returned all the shots from the net, not allowing a ball past her.

"I see," Fuji said aloud.

"What do you mean by that dane?" Yanagizawa asked.

"Have you noticed that Kanna has been concentrating her shots on Kamio?" Fuji began to explain. "She probably knows that Kamio is a speed player and is trying to make him lose stamina so he won't last. She doubts that Ibu will follow up with that, so she's taking all the shots."

"Game, Kanna-Ibu pair! 3-0!"

It was An's serve, and Ayame stared at Kamio as he panted.

'There! It's done!' Ayame thought.

An served, and Ayame finally allowed Shinji to return balls. Kamio had run out of stamina trying to hit Ayame's shots from earlier, so it was technically a 2v1 between An and the Kanna-Ibu pair.

"Game and match, Kanna-Ibu pair! 6-0!"

"Damn..." Kamio muttered under his breath, disappointed that he gave out in the middle of a match again.

'Fuji-san said that Kanna-san won against the Golden Pair alone...' An thought as she stared at the first year girl. 'I guess it's no surprise she could play evenly against me and Kamio-kun without needing Shinji-kun's help...'

"If you're a speed player, then you need to work on your stamina," Ayame lectured. "Mada mada dane."

"She really isn't out of breath at all..." Yuuta remarked.

"Ah, Fuji-senpai!" Ayame said as she noticed Fuji. "What are you doing here?"

"I came to play some tennis," Fuji answered.

"Oh yeah, I think it's St. Rudolph's turn to play now," Ayame said. "So, what'll it be now?"

A little while later, the next match started.

"One set match! Fuji-Fuji pair versus Mizuki-Yanagizawa pair! Yanagizawa to serve!" Ayame announced.

'So the Fuji brothers are together this match...'Ayame thought. 'This'll be really interesting...'

Authors note
I'm gonna end this right here because I don't know how to write a match with pairs like them. But I think you could already tell which pair would win.