Kirk

Here's another imagine. Requests are open. Enjoy!!!

(P.S. Thank you for over 10k reads on this book. I appreciate you all for taking time out of the day to read my work)

💛💛💛

I was outside the exam hall waiting for the bell to ring to say we could enter, the exam was by far the most important test I'll ever sit because this is the test that will determine if I am Starfleet material...weeks of lectures, weeks of learning and it all comes down to this one moment...

As I calmly went through what I knew in my head, I sensed that someone had come over to stand beside me, I didn't have to even look at them to know who it was...

"You're going down Kirk"

"Dream on (Y/L/N)"

Even though neither of us would ever admit it, it was a good thing me and Kirk were in the same class for one simple reason, we worked well for each other. We pushed each other to be better and that meant that we always performed well, we pretended to be rivals but deep down we knew that we needed each other in order to get through this exam.

*Bell Rings*

I could feel the warmth drain from my body as the bell stopped ringing...it was time...slowly I filed into the hall with the rest of my class, Kirk following straight behind, I sat my bag at the back of the room, beside Kirk's as per usual, before facing the rows and rows of desks. I went to move in order to get to my seat but found my body frozen...I couldn't do it...I couldn't do the exam...I began to panic internally as everyone shuffled to their seats, not noticing my paralysis state, except for one person, Kirk. He had carefully watched my every move because he knew how I'd react and he knew that he'd need to be the one to help me, and luckily he did...

"Hey (Y/L/N), you remember where you sit???"

"I...I..."

"Come here..."

Kirk pulled me into a supportive hug. Everyone presumed that our rivalry is based on hatred for one another but it's actually the opposite, we push each other, we make each other better, we are a team...we need one another for support and as friendly competition...

"You'll be ok...now come on, I need to beat you on this test..."

"You wish you could beat me Kirk..."

Kirk and I walk side by side to our desks, soon everyone was seated, and the test began...

As I read the questions, my brain began to panic, I could feel myself shutting down...but then I heard Kirk's voice, in my head... 'You'll be ok...'

Before I knew it, I was done...after the papers were collected I stood up and went to get my bag, as I grabbed my bag I saw Kirk grab his...

"So, how'd it go for you???"

"Too easy...how was it for you???"

"I could have done it in my sleep..."

"Sure you could..."

Together we walked out of the hall and over to the dormitory, Kirk ended up coming to my room I watch a movie while we waiting on our test results to be determined.

We ended up watching the whole Divergant series, it was nighttime and we were half asleep when both our PADDs light up, and suddenly we felt more awake than ever before...nervously we opened our emails together...

Dear Miss (Y/L/N)

Regarding examination STCT:3560/13

We are pleased to inform you that you have scored of: 2500/2500

Having achieved the highest possible score we are delighted to allow you to continue on to your advanced training with Starfleet.

Kind Regards,
Starfleet Academy Examinations Board

I managed to contain my excitement as I looked up to Kirk, I couldn't tell from his expression as to what his result had been but then again, this wasn't the first time we had read our results together...

"How'd you do???"

"You first..."

"On the count of three???"

"Okay"

"One..."

"Two..."

"Three..."

*in unison*
"I passed..."

"I got 100%..."

"Me too..."

"I guess we're as good as each other then..."

"It seems so..."

"I bet I can finish the advanced training before you..."

"Oh you're on Perfect Hair..."

💛💛💛

Hope you enjoyed it.

Requests Open.

~Clo X