32. Happy Endings

Final Chapter.. let's gooooo

Sunday, December 3

It was Elliot's first weekend back at work since Olivia had gotten shot, and he was expected to be gone up until the middle of next week. Olivia was progressing at a moderate speed towards a full recovery, but she was still nervous about being left alone with the kids. The girls were on speed dial in case it all became too much, but so far she felt like everything was going okay.

In fact the weekend had been going so smoothly that Olivia decided to make a trip to the precinct to have a chat with her Captain about her options, and possibly leaving sex crimes. After packing a diaper bag full enough to last a weekend, she piled up the kids in the car and headed to the 1-6.

"Hey Liv!" Nick greeted her when he seen her heading into the building at the same time as him. "Let me help you," he reached for Mason who was all smiles when he seen his Uncle Nick. "Hey mano! Que pasa?" he kissed his rosy cheeks that were cool from the chilly weather.

"Oh thank you Nick," she picked up Cecilia who was holding her hand and followed him into the elevator.

"Please tell me you're not trying to come back to work already?"

"Well not exactly," she grinned. "I just have a few things to go over with Captain about next year," they stepped off onto their floor and went into the bullpen. As expected, a round of ooohhs and ahhhs filled the room when they walked in with Mason and Cecilia.

"Hey mama," Amanda waved from her chair and Olivia made her way over. Nick had took Mason over to his desk where Munch and Fin had been chatting. "You're looking good."

"Thank you. I'm feeling much better," she said in reference to her arm. "Is Captain busy?"

"Nah," she looked back at his office door that was shut. "I'll help keep an eye on the little ones. You go ahead," she reached for Cecilia, who was more than happy to hang out with her for a bit.

"It shouldn't be too long. Thanks," she tousled her hair and went to hang her coat up before knocking on his door.

"Come on in," she twisted the knob on the door and walked in, happy to see Cragen's smiling face for the first time in weeks.

"Olivia, it's so good to see you. You know we miss you around here," each time she heard that she felt this getting harder and harder. "What brings you in today?"

"Um, well.." she took a seat across from him at his desk. "I've been doing some thinking, and I think my time at svu is coming to an end."

"Let me guess..you want more time with the kids?" he smiled as he sat across from her with both of his hands clasped in front of him.

"Hit the nail right on the head."

"I knew this was coming but it doesn't make it any easier to let you go," he stood and came around to sit in the seat next to her. "You talk to Elliot about this?"

"Not totally in depth but we did talk about it after fighting about it," she rolled her eyes and ran a hand through her hair. "Well, it wasn't a fight, more of a misunderstanding. I wasn't completely honest with him about wanting to leave, but now we're on the same page indefinitely."

"But now.."

"Now he's being so supportive and just wants me to do what I want to do."

"Stabler turned out not to be so bad, did he?" Olivia looked back at Mason and Cecilia who were busy being loved by their extended family.

"No- not at all."

Wednesday, December 6

Elliot had been gone for five whole days, trying to get back in the swing of things at work. He didn't love the fact that Olivia had gotten injured, but he loved being able to spend the last 6 weeks with her and the kids. He was grateful his job had been flexible, and let him do work from home while someone subbed in for him. But now that he was back, he took the time away to look for the perfect ring to propose to Olivia with.