13. Case of the Ex

I didn't mean to let a whole month go by without an update. I feel so bad, but I'm already working on the next chapter (:

Tuesday, August 15

"I never thought I would ever see this in my lifetime," Olivia chuckled as she leaned against the doorframe to the kitchen. Elliot had Cecilia attached to him and snuggled into a baby wrap, while he cleaned a few dishes in the kitchen.

"Well get used to it, she loves this thing," he placed the last plate into the dishwasher, before hitting the start button. "Now why aren't you in the bath I just drew for you?" he walked over to her and placed a kiss to her temple.

"I thought the bath was a bit boring without you there," she toyed with the silk tie to her robe, her hardened nipples nearly piercing through the fabric.

"I think I can fix that," he pulled her close, careful of the baby, and kissed her momentarily before the doorbell had rang. "How about you go answer that and I'll put this little one to bed?" he pecked her lips one more time before going to lay down Cecilia in his bedroom.

When she opened the front door, she stood for a moment, wondering if her eyes had been fooling her.

"Kathy?"

"Olivia, I didn't know you would be here," the blonde looked her up and down, making Olivia pull her arms around her. "Is Elliot home?" the words sounded foreign coming out of her mouth. For the past decade it had been the other way around, Olivia always asking Kathy where Elliot was.

"Um, yeah he's putting the ba-" she stopped herself before she could even finish the word, baby. Kathy's disdain for her and Elliot practically raising Cecilia together didn't go unnoticed. Granted, Olivia hadn't spoken a word to her since before the divorce, but her actions over the past few weeks had proved her self-conscious mind right.

She thought that things would begin to fall even further into place after they broke the news to the kids, their captain, and eventually Kathy, but it had only gotten a bit more complicated. The few times during the week that Elliot would get to see the twins and Eli, if Kathy knew that Olivia would be with them, she would throw a complete fit. There had even been a few times when she wouldn't let Eli over on his weekends, if she knew Olivia would be around.

Things had been..tense.

"No need to censor yourself around me, him playing daddy isn't exactly a secret anymore," she scoffed and pushed past her. Olivia stood in disbelief, and took a deep breath, before closing the door and tying her robe a bit tighter.

"Listen, I know you're still upset about the way you found out about this and everything else, and I'm sorry Kathy. But the least you can do is try and respect our choice to be together," Olivia was slightly fuming on the inside, becoming more and more fed up with Kathy and her snarky remarks. It would be one thing for her to be offset by their relationship, but it was another for her to constantly feed lies to Kathleen, and accuse her of sleeping with Elliot way before the divorce.

"Respect? I lost that for you a while ago when I found out about all of this from my child, instead of Elliot," she stood with her arms crossed, dressed in a t shirt and jeans.

"That wasn't intentional, I hope you understand that. This all happened suddenly and if I-"

"It wasn't intentional? Olivia, I've seen the way you two have looked at each other for the past decade, and the only thing I could do is convince myself that you wouldn't do that to me- that you wouldn't give him the opportunity to sleep with you. Because let's be real, before the words would even leave your lips, he would jump at it in a heartbeat. But now..I'm convinced that you two have been fucking-"