27 (𝖑𝖑) • 𝖊𝖙𝖊𝖗𝖓𝖎𝖙𝖞

Lilly.
The sound of my name wormed its way into my head, slowly catching my attention. The groan I emitted released the tension in my chest but I still felt stuck- stuck in the oblivion that made up my mind.
Lillian.
There it was again, that voice. The familiar deep notes stirred something in me- my fight or flight instincts. It was as if I was being dragged back into reality by that voice calling my name. I felt the weight on my chest grow heavier as I kept trying to wake up, my heart starting to race.
I didn't know what it was but I suddenly wanted to wake up- I needed to wake up.
Babe, c'mon,
It was those two words that were strong enough to pull me out of the deep waters. I gasped for breath as I felt my mind being released from the grasp of whatever had been holding me down.
I blinked my eyes open, feeling as disoriented as ever. My confusion was mixing with my grief and it almost blinded me.
I felt the dizziness start to subside as I stared up at the familiar ceiling, the ceiling I had woken up to so many times in the past few months. I sighed as I felt my heart start to calm down, leaving me breathless.
I didn't have a chance to fully calm down as I registered the sudden feeling of someone else's body against mine. It was an unfamiliar feeling but I grew accustomed to it in a flash. I could recognize those hands on my skin anywhere, anytime.
I gulped down the lump in my throat as I glanced over, my eyes immediately starting to burn. It was like an icy shock jolted through my body as I met the stare of the man I swore I lost forever.
But there he was, laying next to me with a slight smirk on his lips and an eyebrow raised, as if there was nothing wrong. I gasped as I stared at him, wide-eyed, not knowing what to believe. My eyes could very well be deceiving me.
It was as if I woke up in a dream- a horrible, heartwrenching dream. More like a taunting nightmare. It had to be a dream- my mind was playing tricks on me and that was all this was.
My heart stopped as his smirk grew into a smile, his arms wrapping even tighter around me as he studied my confused stare,
"You alright? You were screaming and sobbing in your sleep-"
I gasped for breath some more as I brought my fingers up to my face, indeed feeling the moisture on my cheeks and around my eyes. I wiped them away as I sat up, nodding as I kept my eyes on him, him and his beautiful face staring right back,
"What do you mean 'in my sleep'?"
I felt a wave of goosebumps rise on my skin as he chuckled, sitting up with me as he let his fingers trail down my bare back,
"You were asleep- I'm figurin' you had a nightmare. You alright, though?"
I gulped again as I tried comprehending what the manifestation was saying. How was i supposed to believe I was dreaming all along? How was i supposed to believe that what I witnessed was never real but just a figment of my imagination? It hurt my brain and it confused me beyond belief.
I raised an eyebrow as he wiped the tears away for me, bringing me into his chest as I let my mind wander,
"It's okay, I'm here, I'm here,"
The second my head met his chest, I registered the sound of his heart beat and the distinct scent of weed, cologne, and soap that always lingered on him and I knew- I knew this was real.
I felt the relief rush through my veins as I gasped for breath, pulling away to look up at him through teary eyes,
"Oh my god, you are here- you're here!"
He chuckled, watching me warily. I would too, since I was acting like a nutcase but I couldn't help myself. I thought I had really lost him.
I wrapped my arms around his neck as I hugged him, squeezing the living shit out of him in the process.
He laughed into my neck as I refused to let go, his arms wrapping around me in return as we sat in each others arms. I felt the waterworks start as I took in the warmth his body was emitting, along with the feeling of his arms holding me tightly.
I sighed as bit back a sob, feeling my sorrow slowly start to evaporate,
"God, I thought I lost you. I thought I fucking lost you,"
Kells tensed up a little before pulling away enough so that our faces were a couple inches apart, his pupils dilating as he studied me once again.
I wiped the tears away but maintained the eye contact, never wanting to stop staring. I was now afraid of actually being deprived of him and I wasn't gonna take advantage of that luxury anymore.
Kells' eyebrows furrowed as he urged me to go on, his voice dropping an octave lower,
"What do you mean? What did you dream about?"
I felt my heart start to pick up it's pace again at the mention of my "dream". I remembered seeing myself cry until I was dehydrated, I saw the somber faces of our friends, I saw myself kill one of my best friends- I saw everything I thought I had done in a flash and it instilled some guilt inside me.
I shook my head as I melted into his body, allowing myself to just collapse as I felt the little energy I had drain out of me in an instant,
"I dreamt that Nick got you killed. I saw you die and I thought you actually died. I was so lost, we all were..."
I let myself drift off as I bit my tongue- I didn't want him knowing about the Nick thing because God knows what he'd think or say. I sniffled as I glanced up from his chest, watching his eyes study the trees outside through the windows. It was as if he was taking in my words and thinking- he looked preoccupied and it intrigued me.
I wiped at the remainder of the tears with the back of my hand as I sat back up, letting my hands wind up around his face as he looked back at me. He looked a little troubled but he blinked it away, leaving me in the dark. He sighed as he stared back at me, a small smile on his lips as he spoke up, disrupting the silence between us,
"Well, you were wrong. I'm here and I always will be, okay? You won't lose me, not now or ever."
I sighed in contentment as I got used to the feeling of being around him again, his words almost starting to comfort me more than his touch did. I bit my lip as I smiled, watching his grow along with mine,
"Promise?"
As if on cue, his smile grew and warmed me up from the inside out. It was the kind of smile that made the whole world stop, leaving you stuck in that moment in time. I suddenly felt at ease as he nodded, giving me a quick peck,
"Yeah, I promise."
I didn't get a chance to say anything else as he unraveled me from him, getting up off the bed in a swift movement as he whipped the covers off us. My eyes immediately caught sight of the boxer briefs hanging low on his v-line- dangerously low.
I glanced away as he caught me staring, biting his lip as he smiled which made my heart ache- it was the kinda smile that made your heart and stomach do flips simultaneously inside you.
He chuckled as he stared down at me before dragging me off the bed with him,
"C'mon, how 'bout a little shower to get you back on track, huh?"
By the look in his eyes, I knew there was no showering involved- just fucking and maybe a little love-making. And just the thought of him making me moan again made the fire inside my chest spark up in an instant. I smiled back at him as he led me to his bathroom, me fully naked and him just covered in his tatts and briefs that were soon to be ripped off.
I kept my eyes trained on his back, on the muscles rippling under his tattooed skin, as I registered my mind starting to race at a million miles per hour. I tried my hardest to let all my worries go and just enjoy the fact that he was still alive but it was too much of a shock for me.
It had felt so real- his blood on my hands, on my clothes, on me. It had all felt so real- how was I supposed to get over that?
I bit my lip as I felt my excitement start to die down, my body starting to grow heavier with each step I took. It felt like my limbs were heavyweights, weighing me down.
I sighed as we entered the familiar bathroom, my eyes diverting away from his as he turned around to face me. I heard the tiny sigh he let out and I knew he was raising an eyebrow.
There was a hint of amusement in his voice as his hands wound up on my legs, lifting me up without a second thought. I couldn't help but laugh a little, grabbing onto him for support as he walked us to the shower stall,
"You need to lighten up- it was just a nightmare,"
I groaned as he dropped me back down at the door of the stall, allowing me to step in myself. I walked backwards as I watched him, his eyes absentmindedly devouring every inch of me,
"Sorry, I just... I don't even know what's real anymore. I don't remember shit except what I dreamt."
Kells shrugged as he stepped in himself, casually tugging off his briefs. I felt my cheeks heat up a bit as he bent down to rip them off his legs, his face quite close to my own heat.
I bit my lip as he smirked up at me, standing straight back up as he watched me step back a little,
"Well, last thing I remember was punching that asswipe you used to be friends with."
I felt my heart twist in on itself as I noted that vision, knowing that part was real.
I raised an eyebrow as Kells slid the stall door shut, every thought of shower sex leaving my mind. I was suddenly hooked on the idea of finding out the truth and knowing reality from fantasy.
I kept my eyes trained on his averted eyes as he leaned forward, his hands reaching behind me for the shower knob,
"Wait, you don't remember what happened after that?"
He chuckled a little before the water jetted out, leaving us drenched and wet to the bone a few seconds later. I gasped a little at the feeling of the lukewarm water on my skin. I pushed him back a little so that we weren't right under the shower head, my mind still racing at a million miles per hour.
I spat the water out of my mouth as Kells chuckled, his hair matted down to his forehead and over his eyes as he took me in,
"Well, dude, we obviously got home somehow- you needa stop worryin'."
I scowled up at him as he reached for the shampoo behind me in the shower caddy hanging on the wall. I slapped his hand away, causing him to scowl right back in an instant. I knew he was trying to lighten the mood but I wasn't comforted anymore.
I felt as confused as ever- stripped to the core and clueless,
"Kells, I'm being serious-"
"So am I. Everything's alright, I'm fine and so are you,"
He sighed as his hands wound up around my face, pulling me in with every slow inhale he took. I felt the familiar warm feeling flow through me once again as his forehead rested on mine, his breath hitting my lips as he spoke,
"Everything's okay. Believe me when I say I'm here and I ain't goin' anywhere."
I didn't get a chance to reply as he suddenly engulfed my lips with his, stealing my own breath with his kiss. I wanted to cry, to scream, to laugh- but with his lips on mine I felt every urge inside me vanish into thin air. My anger and sorrow at myself melted into nothing as his hands pulled me up onto him, immediately pushing me up against the wall.
I smiled against his lips which earned me a smile from him, our smiles melding together. That tiny moment- those 3 quick seconds- left me with the feeling that I thought I had been deprived of forever.
Love.
That moment, in that bathroom, in that shower, felt like an eternity to me. And I hoped- I really hoped- there would be an eternity for us, after all.

A/N: chapter 28- coming soon