8 • 𝖑𝖎𝖖𝖚𝖎𝖉 𝖈𝖔𝖚𝖗𝖆𝖌𝖊

If it wasn't for the few sips of Jameson from my hidden bottle, Lola's constant nagging and whining in my ears would've driven me to the point of murdering her- no joke.
She sighed for the millionth time in over the span of five minutes, slumping back onto my bed as she glared at me staring into the void of my closet in just my bra and undies,
"Girl, c'mon, they're gonna be here soon- hurry and pick an outfit already, damn."
I glared back at her before returning my eyes on the hung clothes, searching for something hot but not too sexy. I was already aware of the fact that Reece, Ethan, and Camila were gonna be here soon but I frankly didn't care- when a man like Kells invites you to a kickback, you look good as you possibly can- they'd just have to wait.
Besides, so what if we were fashionably late? That's a good thing.
I bit my lip as my eyes landed on a halter top, the fabric calling my name.
I wanted to wear that top since it showed off some of my curves well enough but knowing the Cleveland Fall weather, i'd freeze to death and then there'd be no point in trying to look cute at all.
I groaned as I glanced back at Lola, eyes closed and lips moving as she cussed me out under her breath,
"You think I should just wear something laid back?"
I evaluated her skin-tight, white tube top, denim jacket, black jeans and white, high-top Converse, starting to feel paranoid of each article of clothing in my closet. Her outfits fit her so well and were too cute, always making me second guess mine.
Lola huffed as she sat back up, throwing me a playful glare before getting up off my bed, making her way to me and my pitiful selection of clothes,
"Yeah, it's a kickback, not a club party."
I rolled my eyes at her remark but watched her fingers flip through the shirts, tops, and jackets. I knew I was being difficult but I wanted to look good as I possibly could.
I watched her until she reached a black hoodie with black and white checkered patterns running down the sleeves with a small, yellow happy face plastered to the front of it. She ripped that off the hanger, throwing it at me as she turned her attention to my top shelf where all my jeans, leggings, and sweats were folded.
It was my turn to huff as I slipped the hoodie on over my bra, watching her smile as she picked out a pair of leggings with cutouts down the legs.

She sighed in satisfaction, finally smiling over at me as she felt content with the chill outfit she managed to pick out for me,"Ah, cute

"Ah, cute."
I returned the small smile with my own as I slipped into the leggings, eyeing Lola as she backed away to the door, her eyes now focused down on her phone in her hand,
"They're here, c'mon,"
Someone's impatient.
If anything, that should be me, not her. But it suddenly dawned on me- she wanted to see Rook. I had been so wrapped up in my own little thoughts about Kells that I forgot all about their little fling.
She glanced up as she caught me smirking, rolling her eyes at my words as she beckoned me to hurry up with tying my sk8-his,
"You just wanna see Rook, don't you?"
She immediately shut me down as she flashed a smirk right back at me, watching mine falter,
"And you just wanna look sexy for Kells, don't you?"
Alright, whatever, she got me there. I shook my head, feeling a smile make its way onto my lips even though I tried to look annoyed. She saw she got me, though, cackling as she hopped out of my room, already halfway down the stairs as I finished checking my makeup. I made sure the eyeshadow and mascara were intact before grabbing my phone and meeting Lola downstairs in the foyer, the excitement on her face making it seem as if she was just bursting at the seams.
I couldn't help but admire how happy she looked at the thought of seeing her tattooed man- it made me wonder if I looked that happy around Kells.
I sighed as I locked the door behind us, shoving the key under the mat as we ran down to Reece's car already parked by the sidewalk.
I felt my smile grow as I saw Ethan's head pop out of the front passengers' window, a big grin on his face as he saw us.
Lola and him exchanged greetings as she slid into the backseat, leaving the door open for me as she sidled up next to a smiling Camila,
"Thanks for inviting us, Lilly!"
I nodded at her as I shut the door, greeted by the smiles that never failed to warm my heart,
"Of course! It wouldn't be a kickback without some friends, now, would it?"
They all immediately cheered but was quieted down by a laughing Reece, his eyes glancing back at me every once in awhile as he drove,
"Aight, aight, so where is it?"
I pursed my lips, as I remembered that I forgot to check if he had texted me back about it,
"Hold up, let me check."
I tied my hair up into my signature messy bun before bringing my phone screen to life in hopes of seeing a text back from him. I had asked earlier where it was at and gladly, he had texted back in just the nick of time. I swiped left and unlocked my phone, watching our text convo load: