Reunited

"Niall, this salad is amazing," Louis said, stabbing his fork into the watermelon and aragula salad his roommate had prepared along with their dinner. "Third night making dinner in a row, no big deal," Niall said, rolling his eyes at Lou, who was all too well aware of how lazy he was being.

"I will make dinner tomorrow night, I promise," Louis said with a smile. "Pizza or curry take away don't count," Niall said, raising an eyebrow. "Of course, they do," Louis retorted, giggling at Niall who had a piece of lettuce stuck in his teeth. "What's so funny, yeah?" Niall demanded, pretending to bang his hands on the table.

"It's nothing just lett-- wait did you hear that at the door?" Louis said, jumping up instinctively. "Oh my god I think your mankini is finally here," Niall giggled, remembering that Louis had ordered one on Amazon for a 'social experiment at work.'

"Very funny, Ni," Louis said, smirking at his roommate. "I'll get it." He jogged to the door, opening it without checking through the peephole first. When he swung the door open, his jaw dropped and he stared at the visitor with wide eyes.

"Oh my god. Harry," Louis cried, jumping up and down like a school girl. "Oh my god, love. You look so amazing. How are you? You didn't say you were coming home! When did you get here? Oh my lord, come in, come in.... So tell me about...."

Harry stood in the doorway, his hands in his pockets, and smiled at Louis with his bright green eyes. He giggled as the older boy showered him with questions and concerns, and then put his index finger to his mouth, making a low hushhhh sound with his parted lips.

Louis suddenly stopped babbling and stared up at Harry, who was now extending his arms and pulling him to his chest for a bear hug. Louis smiled as he felt Harry's warm, strong body against his, mesmirized by how much Harry had transformed from head to toe.

"Mmm, Harry," he breathed, his warm breath tickling Harry's chest a bit. "Mmm, Lou," Harry replied, stroking his back. "You feel so good, so strong," Louis said, cuddling further against Harry and closing his eyes. "I'm so bloody proud of you, Harry Styles. You have no idea."

Harry smiled, trying not to tear up. Between Liam and Zayn and his nurses at the hospital, there had already been enough tears today. He didn't want to cry anymore. He just wanted to enjoy his time with Louis.

"Hey-- what's the racket?" Niall called, walking over to the door. "Oh... sorry to interrupt..." Both boys split apart, giggling nervously. "Sorry, Niall. Nice to see you," Harry said, extending a hand. Niall took it and smiled back at him. "Welcome back, mate. We missed you," he said. "Look awesome. Want a coffee or anything?"

Harry nodded. He was still wary of liquid calories, something which he used to avoid religiously, but he was learning to push through and get over the fear. "Yeah, I'll take a tea please. With milk," Harry said, following after Louis, who was guiding him into the living room -- the same place where all five boys first got to know each other.

"Have any wild Prosecco nights without me?" Harry asked, raising an eyebrow at Louis. "Nah, we were waiting for you to come back. Though, we did get pints with Ziam," Louis giggled. Harry raised an eyebrow. "Ziam? Oh my god, you did not give them a pet name...." Harry chuckled.

"Not my idea, man," Niall said with a snarky smile as he handed Harry a cup of hot tea. Harry watched nervously as Niall poured in a splash of milk, "Also, if you and Lou need some privacy, just let me know. Just gonna finish my din." Harry blushed and stood up. "Oh, so sorry. I didn't know you were in the middle of dinner," he said worriedly. "I can come back."

"No, that's fine," said Lou, jumping up to clean his plate. "I was nearly done." Harry eyed the plate, which was still half full of chicken, and gave Louis an anxious look. "You should finish. We just had chicken pot pie over at our place," Harry said, taking a seat over at the table next to Niall.

"Oh. Sounds yum!" said Niall. "I just keep it simple cause I can hardly cook, but that sounds awesome." Harry nodded, sort of feeling surprised with himself that he was having a casual conversation about food that didn't involve nauseua, the desire to purge, or mental calorie calculations.

"Yeah, well all Liam did was heat it up," Harry said rolling his eyes. "Oh speaking of cooking, I'm gonna get to go back to baking soon. Should be cleared to work next week!" Harry's eyes lit up as he shared the good news with the boys, and Louis jumped -- for the third time in ten minutes -- and gave Harry a huge hug, nearly spilling his tea all over the mahagony table.

"Watch the mahagony!!" Niall cried, grabbing Harry's cup before Louis could do further damage. But Louis ignored him. "Harry Styles, I am so damn proud of you, sweeheart," he gushed. Harry nodded, scooping up Louis onto his lap-- because, yeah, he had the strength to fucking do that now. "Thanks love," he cooed. "I'm proud too."