Coming Home

"Oh my god! Oh my god...." Liam screamed running up and giving Harry a huge hug. Harry was standing in the doorway holding his suitcase, with a big dumb smile on his face. "They told us to pick you up Monday morning. How did you get here?" Liam cried.

"I got discharged early. And I wanted to surprise you," Harry replied, squeezing Liam's broad shoulders. It was the first time they had hugged in over a year. Without thinking, Liam squeezed Harry back, surprised to find that the younger boy felt solid and broad, rather than bony and lanky. He looked up at Harry, who was wearing black skinny jeans and a red flannel, and his eyes began to water. Harry was still very thin... but he looked so much b e t t e r.

Liam stared in awe at Harry's green eyes, which were no longer sunken in and dim, but bright and smiley. His thin, hollow face had filled out to reveal his cheeky dimples, and Harry's whole body had a healthy looking glow about it. Liam smiled as he noticed that Harry wasn't wearing his usual beanie... and that his lengthy brown locks of hair had grown back, strong and healthy.

Liam, without trying to be too obvious about it, also inspected Harry's body. The black skinny jeans, which had fit perfectly before he got ill and had become awfully baggy over time, now looked comfortable around his thighs. His long legs were still lean, but nowhere near as deathly thin as they had been— and his horrible thigh gap was nearly gone. His arms had filled out too, and Harry's naturally broad shoulders and chest were slowly starting to make a reappearance.

"Harry..." Liam said, choking back tears. "You look... you look. Incredible. Oh my god, Harry, I'm so proud of you. We're so proud of you. Zayn!!! Get the fuck in here, Harry's home," he screamed across the flat.

Zayn suddenly came running to the foyer in his boxers, nearly tackling Harry when he found him standing in the door frame. "You look amazing," Zayn said, throwing his arms around him. "Sorry, I'm half naked... I just. Wow." Liam joined in the hug, squeezing onto Harry from the other side, and they all sort of just stood their taking in each others' presence after so many long weeks apart.

"Alright, lads," Harry groaned. "You're crushing me. Please let go." Liam and Zayn did as they were told, and followed Harry into the living room, where he sat down in his usual spot. Liam could tell Harry was a bit nervous by the way he kept biting his lip and toying with a bracelet on his wrist.

"How ya feeling mate? We tried to visit as much as we could. Sorry we didn't more often," Zayn said, taking a seat next to Harry. Liam took a deep breath, sternly telling himself there was nothing to be jealous of. It was an exercise he had practiced with his new therapist, and with Harry back, he would probably have to put it into practice more often.

"No, you came to see me a bunch of times. I'm good, mates. Just a bit tired from the trip. I feel good. So much better," Harry said with a weak smile. Zayn and Liam both sensed that Harry was being distant, and they weren't sure if it was normal behavior after spending 3 months in rehab or if it was a sign that he was going to relapse.

"Well, you look better, Harry. You look so much happier and all the more lively," Liam said, carefully trying to avoid words related to weight or size. "Thanks guys. Yeah, I did a lot of therapy... like a lot. And I can finally see now how bad of shape I was in before. Absolutely skeletal," he said, shuddering a bit. "Sorry you guys had to see me like that... I... I'm quite embarrassed."

Zayn shook his head rapidly. "No, Harry. Don't ever be sorry. We love you," he said, connecting eyes with Liam, and motioning for him to take a seat next to Harry on the couch. "Yeah, H," Liam cooed, rubbing his back. "We're so proud of you."