Nice and quiet, or not?

Time passes by. Damon got a job, he's still learning a lot, but he says he enjoys it. He enjoys spending time with the kids he helps and see them happy after all they've been through. I'm really happy for him.
I went to the concert of Adele with my dad and we had so much fun together. We cried a lot but there were mostly tears of joy. It was so special to see one of my biggest idols on stage. Rose was really jealous, but she now knows what she wants to have for her 18th birthday. She just turned 13, so it's going to take some more time.
Stefan and Cassidy are enjoying together as much as Damon and I do. It's nice to have my best friend as happy as me.
Masy's getting old and it doesn't seem like she has a long life life left, so I'm enjoying the time I have left with her.
But right now I'm in Florida with Damon, and we're having the best time of our lives. I enjoy life at the beach so much. Just that I can take a walk, a dive, or lay in the sand whenever I want makes me feel so calm. And being here with Damon makes it even better. It's our second day here now and we're lying in our bed with a beautiful view over the sea. I press my body tight against his, enjoying my life to the fullest. Everything seems to go perfect these days, but I shouldn't say that too much, because I know that can't go on forever. Damon brushes his hand over my arm. He's looking into my eyes and smiles.
"What are you looking at?"
"Oh you know, my future."
I feel I'm blushing.
"What do you see in that future?" I ask him, like it's a game.
"You."
"Just me?"
"Just you."
"No little people?" I ask playfully.
He looks at me seriously. My stomach feels weird, I've always seen kids in my future, and I thought, because he likes his job so much, he's seen that too, but what if he doesn't want them? I have to ask him, or I will have that question in my mind forever.
"Wait, don't you want kids?"
He's quiet for a moment, looking scared to answer to this.
"I'm not sure."
I look at him.
"I just don't think I'm the right person to raise a child."
I totally misunderstood this whole thing. I thought he liked kids and was sure to want his own. I feel sad about this and I feel bad in my stomach, but I'm not going to make it an argument now, because we've nog even been together for a year. It's too early to argument about kids. But I do have to say something.
"The kids you're helping seem to really like you."
"Yeah, but I think that's different. I don't want to be like my dad."
"You're nothing like your dad."
"Not now, but he wasn't like this before either. Something bad happened to him and now he's like this. It might happen to me too, and I don't want a kid to live like that."
"Why would you think you would be like that?"
"I don't know. Dad didn't know he would become like this either!"
He sits down on the bed, not holding me anymore.
"I'm sorry. You haven't heard from him, did you?"
"No. Can we please stop talking about this?"
"If that's really what you want. But there's another conversation we didn't finish either. I think it's important for us to actually talk through these things."
"Are you talking about college?"
"Yes."
"Are you thinking about it because we're now at a beach?"
"I have been thinking about it since we didn't finish the conversation."
"That was your choice."
"I know, but..."
"But what?"
"Why are you being like this?"
"Like what?"
"Like... Like you... Just don't want to talk to me or so."
"Seriously? Are you going to blame this on me now? You were the one in the first place who didn't want to talk about it!"
Now I'm getting mad.
"Damon, I was already feeling bad at that time! It would've made my day worse!"
He stands up now, really frustrated.
"You know what would make my day worse? You telling that you're leaving to LA!"
"You know, you shouldn't stop me from wanting this! This is what I wanted since I was a kid! I actually want an education to get a job and make money!"
"That's just rude!"
"You know what's rude, trying to break my future!"
"I thought I was your future, I thought we were the future!"
I'm crying right now. He looks at me and I can see his expression changing. He comes closer to me and hugs me.
"Than why don't you come with me?" I say while crying.
"I can't. You know I can't, not while Stefan's still gonna be here. He's my little brother and I have to take care of him. I told him I would protect him." He's talking calm again. He hugs me thighter.
"I'm sorry." I say.
"Me too. It's okay now." This fight was needed, but stupid. I feel safe in his arms, I never want to be anywhere else again.