We found him

"Damon, where are we going?"
"Go right here, than left. That's where it is."
"Damon, why are we stopping at the cemetery?"
Cassidy parks the car. Damon gets out and starts walking, he still didn't tell us why he thinks Stefan is here. Cas and I just go after him.
"Why is he acting so weird?" Cassidy asks.
"I don't know."
We keep walking and than Damon stops. Stefan's standing in front of a grave. Damon walks closer to him.
"Stefan." He turns around. He looks at us and than back at Damon.
"Why are you here with them?"
"I'm not going to listen to dad."
"You know what dad would do if he sees it."
"We shouldn't be afraid of him."
It's quiet.
"Stefan, he told you he was disappointed in you. Do you even hear how crazy that sounds? In you? You didn't even screw up the plan, I did. You didn't do anything wrong."
Stefan doesn't say anything.
"Stefan, we should stop listening to him. We should start taking our own path. We're both old enough now."
Stefan starts crying and Damon gives him a hug.
"But he's still dad. He wasn't always like this and you know that. I can't lose him too."
Damon tears up too, Cassidy and me are just standing here.
"I know, Stef, I know. But it's been years and he hasn't made life better for us. We should start making life better ourselves. Maybe dad will understand what he has done. Maybe he will apologise."
Damon steps away, but holds his brother by the shoulders with both of his hands. Stefan still doesn't say anything, but I can tell from the way he looks that he doesn't think that's going to happen.
"Stefan, just come with us." Cassidy says.
"Where to?"
"We'll figure something out."
That's when Stefan starts walking. We take the car and drive to my place. Dad's still working and Rose is at school now, so we can take our time to calm down and talk. We take something to drink and sit around the table.
"So, I think we're going to stay at this motel for at least a few nights and than see what's going to happen." Damon says.
"How are you going to pay for it?" I ask.
"I have some savings."
"Damon, you shouldn't use all your money." Stefan answers.
"I promised you I would protect you, so I will."
We get ready to drive to the motel, Damon helps me upstairs cleaning my room while we give Cassidy and Stefan the time to talk with each other. I can feel Damon looking at me and I just want to talk to him and hear him say something. So I ask the question that has been going around in my head all day.
"Why doesn't your dad like you?"
He looks in me eyes now and than starts cleaning again.
"It's been that way for a long time."
"But why is that?"
"He thinks I have something to do with mom's death. He thinks she killed herself because I told her he was hanging out with your mom."
I'm quiet for a moment, don't know what to say.
"Did she? Kill herself?"
"No, she had a heart attack. The doctors told him, but dad is just trying to find a way to understand what happened. It's the wrong way, but it's his way."
"That's just... I couldn't understand what it must feel like to be blamed for something like that."
"Yeah."
We both don't say anything for a few minutes.
"That's also why I got in that bad situation. Dad hated me even more after that, and why he likes Stefan more. Even though he also hasn't been the best dad to him."
I don't know what to say to this.
"I'm really sorry."
"It's okay. I'm an adult now, I know how to deal with it."
"Yeah, probably. But I think it must still be hard."
He doesn't answer anymore. We're done cleaning, but Stefan and Cassidy haven't called us us yet, so we just sit down on my bed to wait. It's kind of awkward, because obviously we both don't know what to do.
Than Damon turns to me and takes my hand while looking at it. He strokes my hand, I look at it and feel weird. I take my hand away. He looks at me and sighs, looking sad.
"Elena, I just need to know what exactly you want at this moment. With us, I mean."
I swallow. Obviously I care about him and don't want to lose him, but I can't just act normal like he can lie to me like that. So I say what I think is best for now.
"I think that for now we should just be friends, tell each other a lot. And than see what will happen. I can't just forgive you, and Stefan, for lying to me."
"I understand." But he frowns his eyes, looking at the floor. He probably thinks he can't be just friends. And I feel inside that I'm not sure either.

It takes another ten minutes that we don't hear anything, so Damon and I just walk downstairs to take a look. We come down to see Cassidy and Stefan kissing each other intensely, we look at each other shocked and than laugh, because Cassidy sees is and looks so shocked. I'm glad we're all laughing, and I'm glad for Cassidy that she and Stefan are okay, even though I feel like it's a little soon. Than we drive to the motel and say goodbye to Damon and Stefan. When we drive back, I feel weird, because everything inside me tells me I shouldn't have left.