Beaten up

Cassidy calls. Stefan must've told her by now. I don't feel like answering but I do anyway.
*Hii*
*Hey, Elena!*
Doesn't sound like Stefan told her?
*Okay, so I found out you stayed at Damon's last night, and you have to tell me exactly what happened!*
Ugh, I really don't want to talk about this right now.
*Can I tell you another moment?*
*Why do you sound like that?*
*Like what?*
*Woah, someone's grumpy. Please don't tell me you're pregnant.* I hear her giggling.
*Seriously, Cas? Can you please just shut the hell up for once?*
I hang up. Than I call Stefan. It rings a few times and he doesn't answer so I speak voicemail.
*Stefan, seriously. Cassidy just called me being over-excited about me staying over at Damon's tonight. I thought you were going to tell her? Please hurry, because I don't feel like lying to her again! Thankyou.*
I throw my phone on my bed and lay down, I start crying. Why can't it just be normal? I throw the sheets over myself and take a nap, I just have to sleep for a while.
I wake up, because someone's knocking at my door.
"Elena, Cassidy is here. Are you guys hungry, because dinner is ready." He sounds like he knows something's wrong.
"Let her in, I'm not hungry." A few seconds later Cassidy walks into my room.
"I'm not hungry either." I can see that she cried. I sit down on my bed and she sits next to me.
"I didn't understand why you were so annoyed this afternoon, but now I do."
"He told you."
She nods and starts crying again. I take her hand and start sobbing myself.
"I'm just so mad! I feel like he only knows me because he had to meet you. He only met me to have a way to meet you! I feel so used."
I hug her, she sobs. I didn't think of it this way, it's even worse for her if I think about it like this.
"I know, it sucks."
"I told him it was over. I broke up with him Elena. I was just so mad."
I look at her.
"It will be okay. It's going to be okay."
We both fall asleep and I think dad knows he shouldn't wake us right now, because he doesn't. I wake up at 2.30am because my phone is buzzing. It's Damon, I really don't feel like picking up, but he wouldn't just call me, not right now, after what happened.
I walk downstairs so no one can hear me. Masy looks at me like I'm a weirdo coming downstairs at this time.
*Hey.*
*Elena?*
He sounds bad.
*Yeah, it's me. What happened?*
*It's dad. He came home last night and got really mad. He said we messed up his plan. I did what you told me to do, I didn't let him intimidate me. I stood up for myself and for Stefan, but that made him only more mad. He started beating me and I tried to fight back, but he's too strong. Stefan ran away and I finally managed to run away too, but he yelled that this was his home and we can't get back there again.* I hear him breathing heavily.
*Where are you now? What are you doing?*
I can't help but feel worried about him.
*I'm trying to find Stefan, I can't find him anywhere.* He sounds desperate. I know I said I wanted to think about this, but I love him and I need to help him.
*Damon, listen. Come to my place, please. And be careful.*
*What about Stefan?*
*We'll look for him tomorrow.*
*You have school tomorrow.*
*I don't care. We're going to find Stefan first.*
*Okay.*
We hang up. I wait at the door. About 15 minutes later Damon arrives, he looks bad. He has blood on his face and a big cut next to his left eye. I'm shocked. I let him come in and hug him.
"I'm so sorry I told you to do this." I feel tears.
"It's okay, I'm okay." I look at his face.
"No, you're not. And neither is Stefan. I have to tell Cassidy."
But at that moment Cassidy is standing at the stairs already. She looks shocked.
"Where's Stefan?"