Lies

Three days have passed since the attack on the pack house, and sadly, we lost a few members. Due to the loss, Killian made the executive decision of creating new Werewolves or Bitten Ones as he called them. Now, we have double the omegas, with a few Gammas, but no Betas aside from what we already had.

Tension between Killian and I has reached new heights. He assigned some of the Bitten to guard me, because the last time his method of guards really worked out. He insists that it's for my safety and I understand that he is only concerned, but the line between worried and paranoid is extremely thin.

"Jamie, where are you going?" And here we go again.

"I'm going to Mike's room. I need somewhere to go without your hounds on my ass," I snap. I leave the room before he can say anything else.

I pass the few Bitten, patrolled outside the room, giving them glares, causing them to scurry off. I haven't bothered to learn any of their names because I find them all to be a nuisance before anything else.

I look down at my growing stomach, well aware that I'm beggining to show, but it only looks like I've grown a slight pudge.

I descend downstairs, more Bitten looking to me, only to be ignored. I go down the hall to Mike's room, ignoring the sound of him and Braxton as I enter. They ignore my prescene, Braxton obviously having saw me, but decided to continue on with their "alone time".

I sit in the bathroom, waiting for them to finish. I look in the mirror-not surprised nor completely bothered by the reflection. I know I look like hell. Lack of sleep and constant arguing does that to you.

Three knocks sound on the door, and that's the signal that I can come out. Mike sits on the bed smoking a cigarette. I roll my eyes, sitting o the bed beside him, despite what these two had just done.

"Another fight with Killian," Braxton asks, sliding into bed beside Mike, taking a drag from the nearl depleted cigarette.

"More or less," I sigh, leaning on Mike's lap, sitting back up when I feel something wierd under m head. "I'm losing my mind. Kit has fucked up everything."

"Braxton, go take a shower. I've got this," Mike says. Braxton nods, leaving us. "I've been doing some research ever since you guys came back from the beacon and I might have figured out exactly what Kit is." Mike reaches underneath the bed, pulling out a large book: The Beastiary. He turns to a page then hands it over to me.

Dark Druids: Magical beings very common in Celtic mythology. A Druid is usually a very helpful being, usually serving as a guide to Werewolf Alphas and High Priestesses, but their counterparts are anything, but helpful. Dark Druids are widely known for their sociopathic nature, ability to manipulate minds, and evil rituals that usually consist of human sacrifices. Killing a Dark Druid is simple, but geeting close enough to execute one, is highly dangerous.

A Dark Druid. Of course. Not only is it a creature capable of mental manipulation, but it can harness magic fsr better than I can. Kit didn't have a chance to prove that to me, but I know if Killian hadn't showed up, he would've.

"We have to find him, Mike."

"And do what?"

I look down, even the thought of it makingmy stomach twist. "If we have to, we will kill him. I can't have innocent people at risk."

"What about Killian? He'll never allow you to leave. Especially if he knows you're going after Kit." Mike isn't wrong. Killian has his eyes on me anytime we're together and if he isn't around one of the Bitten are.

"Killian always dismisses my guards before, we go to bed. Maybe, I can sneak out. Killian always sleeps before I do."

"So, it's a plan."