Power

I run full speed,sliding underneath the bed of barbed-wire, the barbs almost grazing my nose. I come out on the other side to do a somersault over the gymnastics beam. I land perfectly, gaining my composure just in time to catch Dad's incoming arrow.

"You're improving," He says, lowering his bow. "I'm very proud of you, Jamie."

"Thank you, Dad," I respond with a smile. He rests a hands on my shoulder, leaving a kiss on my forehead.

"You want to head home or want me to drop you off," He asks, slinging the brown duffel bag over his shoulder into the bed of the pickup.

"Could you bring me to see Killian? Colt can bring me back home."

"Alright."

We get into the truck and he peels off, definitely leaving tracks on our way out of the clearing. We turn onto the abnormally busy road. A few people honk at us, but Dad just ignores it.

Something is off with him. His mood shifted in less than a minute.

"Dad, are you alright," I ask.

"I'm fine, Jamie." He definitely is not.

"No you aren't. Dad, if you don't want to go into their territory, I understand that."

We come to a stop light behind a ratty Honda. Dad takes the time to take a deep breath, before turing his head to me.

"You're his mate, aren't you?"

"I am." We promised no more secrets. I knew I'd have to tell him eventually. Surprisingly, his emotions shift again, but this time it's much more positive.

"Praise the Gods," He chuckles, "I was afraid Braxton was going to be mated to you. I can barely handle him at the house every other day. I would've shot him if he was my son-in-law." I understand that. He is a handful.

We start to drive again, the air in the car no longer tense.

"I'm sorry, I scared you, Jamie," He says, "I don't know if I ever told you, but I can sense the change in emotion of most creatures."

"I thought, I was the only one," I admit. "I was feeling your's too." He grins, shaking his head.

"Katia both hated and loved that about me. But, it did help our marriage last a good few centuries." What the hell? "Jamie, you do know that I'm two thousand years old, right?"

"No, I wasn't aware of that. If you're that old, how old am I?"

"You're seventeen, Jamie. I did have a life before you, Son." Apparently so, Old Man.

The truck stops and I look up at the Noble's estate. I look to Dad and all he says is, "Expert tracker."

I step out of the truck just as the front door opens. Killian walks out and runs to me at a ferocious speed. He lifts me up, kissing my lips. His hair has grown, barely reaching down to his chin in little wisps.

"Killian, I assume," Dad speaks, shutting his door. Killian sets me don on the ground and approaches Dad.

"Yes, Sir," He says, tipping his head forward, "It's a pleasure to meet you, Mr. Asher."

"You can call me Phil." Dad steps forward, "Are you the Alpha or is your Father still in control?"

"My father is still Alpha until the full moon, Phil. Would you like to speak with him," Killian questions. He is so nervous and I can't help, but be amused by Dad's ability to make it so.

"Just let him know that I would like to discuss a treaty between my Clan and your Pack. If our kids are to be mated, we should have the agreement."

"I'll let him know, Phil. It was nice to finally meet you."