A Lulu Mini ~ Lullaby's Christmas Tree

Start from the beginning

They both blink down at me, a disturbed look crossing their faces. A booming laugh comes from the front door and we all look over. Nathan comes in with a grin, " Always with the eyeballs."

I drop back on my heels with a lean that tilts my hip out and back before bringing them forward. It makes my skirt sway and Silas thinks it's cute so I never corrected my habit.
"I like eyeballs," I say matter of fact. Nathan's face scrunches up like he wants to laugh but I have a random thought that distracts me. I look away from them, bringing one hand away from Macaron to poke at my lips while I look up at the ceiling in thought, " Maybe I can use the ones I have on the Christmas tree."

I miss Victor coming in and shivering in disgust at what I say and miss North and Kota cringing, because I look over at our bare tree they said we'd decorate when they get back. All sorts of wonderful ideas come to mind and I gape at the naked plastic tree with sparkling eyes. Without thinking, I say aloud, " Oooo, if I gut enough icky people I could use their squishy noodles as ribbons."

"Ugh, what the fuck Trouble!"

I blink over at Meanie who's behind a green faced Victor who's holding his stomach like he might barf. Meanie looks appalled, amused, and disgusted all at once.
I grin cheekily and swing my arms around to behind my back where Macaron dangles by a hoof, " Stab, stab, stab!"

He snorts, putting a hand over his face, " You better be glad you're cute."

👽

"Bye!"
They all call out to me as they get in the two vehicles.
"Bye," I say softly, clinging Macaron very tightly in my arm and waving my hand slowly by my face. Sean calls out from the passenger window he's half hanging out of as Owie pulls out of the driveway, " Luke left a snack in the fridge for you! Oh and brush your teeth before you go to bed! And if you get scared our numbers are by the phone! The remote is on the coffee table and whatever you do don't- AGH!"

Sean's head hits the door when Owie yanks him back in. They bicker back and forth until Sean finally gets free long enough to yell out to me, " I love you!"

They're already down the road by the time I whisper back, " I love you too."
I wilt when their taillights disappear around the corner. Holding Macaron out in front of me, I say to her, " Think they'll bring me the bad people's eyes like I asked?"

Her head falls forward so I take that as a definite no. I sulk, holding her back to my chest, " Awww."

Party poopers.

👽

Unknown

The man looks back at his two partners, all covered head to toe in black, " Ready boys?"

They both pull on their ski masks and nod. The man nods back, pulling his ski mask on too before driving the black van down the road. They drive for only a minute, having been nearby waiting for their target to empty, when he pulls them into an alleyway out of sight.
The three get out, securing their gear around their waists. Swiftly they stalk through the streets, their mark in sight.

This house belongs to a doctor and a stockbroker. Prime pickings. Downside is that there were just under a dozen men coming in and out of it for the past month they've been scouting it. There'd been a little girl too, but they weren't too worried about her. She looks like she may have just hit puberty at best. Wouldn't be a problem for them if she happens to be around.