6• Wakey Wakey, Eggs & Bakey

Start from the beginning

Sean nods, his eyes still locked on mine, although they're more serious now," And we can't risk that. She needs to eat. North? Silas?"

They both let out a grunt like noise in acknowledgement behind me.
"Has her soul been adequately feeding from you?"

"There about. I wish it'd take more, but I think it's scared to hurt us.", North said.

It thinks? How odd.

Sean purses his lips, eyes studying me mindlessly as he got lost in thought.
"We could weigh her real quick while they made her lunch?", Kota suggested. Sean nodded," Yeah. We'll do that."

Luke bounced over towards us as Kota started to rub my back. Luke grinned at me from behind Sean," Want anything in particular Lulu?"

I shrug," Cheese and bread?"

Sean and Luke both give me deadpanned looks. North snorted behind me," I don't think so. Are you picky about anything in particular?"

I shrug again," I dunno?"

I'd been given scraps most of my life. I faintly remember eating pink ice cream and this fried meat I dipped in a sweet sauce, but it'd been a very long time ago. Mostly I was fed small servings of cheese or squishy apples with a slice of stale bread.

Luke gave me a pitying smile," That's okay sugar! We'll make a couple of different things. You'll have opinions on what you like in no time." He gave me a cheery grin before bouncing away towards the fridge with North and Nathan in tow. Nathan had patted me on the head as he passed.

Kota followed Sean towards a bathroom downstairs with me still in his arms. It was very different from the other house's bathroom. This one had navy walls with silver finishes. The design was odd yet familiar. If I recall correctly I'd seen shapes like this in an encyclopedia once. It'd been about Shintoism, a Japanese religion.

They liked square things instead of the round finishings I'm used too.

Sean's sink was a square glass bowl set onto of a chocolate wood cabinet. A silver waterfall faucet stood beside it. The toilet was normal in appearance, but the tub wasn't. It was a chocolate wood planked stand alone bathtub but sat entirely on the ground. It was square shaped, like the sink, and had very pointy corners.

The floors were dark chocolate wood tiles with black rugs, the same color as the shower curtain.

I liked it.

Kota sat me down on the ground as Sean pulled out a weight scale. I immediately got on it, trying to be good after the ruckus I caused already. Sean chuckled and picked me up under the arms, dangling me a few inches off the scale.

"One second pookie. It's got to wake up or it won't read your weight at all."

The blinking zeros stopped blinking after a few seconds. That's when Sean set me back down on it. He gave me a quick peck on the forehead before he stepped back. We all watched the numbers dance in a circle again.

Kota mumbled while we waited," I'd think she's gained at least a pound or two. Her color is better and her face looks a little less gaunt."
Sean hummed," While I agree with you, I find it unlikely she's gained much. It's more likely because she's rested that her coloring has improved. At least those damn rings under her eyes have nearly gone away. Poor thing looked like someone popped her in both eyes."