Chapter 38

COLE P.O.V.~

I cut a piece of chocolate cake and set it down on a little plate and held it out to Xavier.

"Here you go, Xavier." I said, smiling at him.

"Thank you!" Said Xavier as he ran over to me. He took the cake and set it down on the table. Xavier then walked up to me and watched me cut another piece of cake for myself.

It has been a couple days since I was told to stay home and rest while the others keep searching for Zane. Xavier has been keeping me company since Nya was also working and so was Mary and Sensei Wu. I really wanted to help the others, and I even tried a few times, but they always made me stop and told me that I still needed to rest. I decided to listen and I rested, and I mostly slept the couple days I did start resting.

The bags under my eyes weren't as bad as they were before, and my muscles weren't aching as much. I felt better ever since, but my worries still got the better of me. Mentally, I wasn't doing very well at all. I keep having nightmares most of the time while I was sleeping, and I have been constantly worrying about Zane so much that I never bothered to really take care of myself. Every time I tried to reassure myself, it didn't exactly work out and it only made me worry more.

Xavier has been helping me a lot though. He's always been by my side every time I had a nightmare and has just been by my side because he wanted to be. I always tell Xavier that he doesn't need to worry about me and to go have fun, but he always refuses and tells me that he is having a good time being with me. He's even moved to my room and has been sleeping with me ever since he figured out that I was still going to have nightmares. To be honest though, I don't mind at all. It really comforts me and helps me through the night. I just hope that soon, it will also be Zane.

"Could we go outside?" I look down at Xavier and smiled.

"You mean out on the deck?" I asked, putting the cake back to its original place and grabbing some whipped cream. I looked at Xavier, who nodded as his eyes sparkled with the urge to know my answer.

"Yes, that's what I mean." Xavier said, telling me again.

"Then yes we can, Xavier." I said, smiling and laughing a bit at how happy Xavier was. I put some whipped cream onto my cake then licked some of it that got onto my finger.

"Yay!" Shouted Xavier, wrapping his arms around my waist and hugging me. I smiled and ruffled Xavier's hair as he hugged me. I looked at the whipped cream then back at Xavier.

"Want some?" I shook the can of whipped cream to show Xavier what I was talking about. I saw Xavier's eyes sparkle more.

"Yes!" Xavier grabbed his plate that had his cake on it and held in up to me. I smiled and put some whipped cream on Xavier's piece then put it away. I then grabbed two forks and looked at Xavier.

"Alright lets go." I started walking away as Xavier ran past me and out the door. I laughed and sighed then followed Xavier outside to the deck. We found out spot and sat down and started eating.

For a couple minutes, there was a comfortable silence between the two of us and it felt really nice. I ate half of my piece of cake when I looked over at Xavier and seen that he was almost done. I laughed to myself and continued eating.

"This cake is amazing!" I looked at Xavier and smiled. He was finished and I was still eating.

"I know it is." I said. "Cake is my favorite food." I had about two more bites before I would be finished.

"Really?" Asked Xavier, looking at moving closer to me. I nodded and ate another piece. I noticed that Xavier was staring at my cake, watching it like it would get up and walk away. His eyes sparkled like no other which made me smile. I got my last bite of cake on my fork and held it in front of Xavier.