Chapter 4

KAI P.O.V.~

We got up as quick as we could and started to run as fast as we could. Since we were close to Ninjago City, we ran all the way.

"What do you think is going on?" Asked Jay

"I don't know." I said. "It has to be something bad."

??? P.O.V.~

I told my best servant to only put terror in the city, but I had another idea. I called him to tell him what to do

"Roper." I said

"Yes sir."

"I want to change my plan."

"Do you not want the warning sir?"

"No, I want the warning. I want you to hurt one of the ninjas, not kill him. I want you to hurt the leader of the ninjas, otherwise known as the black ninja."

"Yes sir. That shall be done for you."

"Good."

COLE P.O.V.~

In about ten minutes we get to where the trouble is in Ninjago City. I can see why it's big. A whole army was there. I look over at the others. they know why to.

"Jay and Lloyd." I said without looking at them. They both look over at me. "I want both of you to make sure that everyone is safe and if they are outside, tell them to go in their homes and stay until everything is okay."

After, Lloyd and Jay ran off to some people huddled by a building.

Kai and Zane looked at me knowing that I am going to give an order. I look over at them.

"We will fight whatever these things are and also make sure that everyone is safe." Kai and Zane nodded their heads. Kai ran over to a group of these things to fight them off.

"Cole?" I look over at Zane without saying anything.

"What do you think these things are?" Said Zane.

"I don't know." I look over at a group of them. They all had there backs facing toward Zane and I so I could not see their faces. It looked like they had bat wings. I also realized that they could make them disappear and reappear.

I look at another group in which I could see there faces. Some of them had a mask on. The ones where I could see their faces. Their faces looked human with some painting on their faces.

I look back over at Zane. "We will figure out what they are later." I said. "We just have to worry about getting everyone safe and getting these things out of here."

Zane then nodded and ran to another group. As I was about to run to a group someone said something.

"Don't you dare run."

I turn around and see someone with a mask on and a long black cloak open flowing in the wind. He also had a sword pointed at my chest.

"Who are you and what's your name."

The man took off his mask and the hood of his cloak. It was still blowing in the wind. He was human, but with no paint on him. He has black hair like mine with white tips and was a bit taller than me.

"My name is Roper." He said. His sword still pointed at my chest. "I have been ordered by Master Cullen to give you guys a warning by coming here and making trouble."

He pushed the point of the sword onto my chest a bit more. I didn't dare move a muscle. I just stayed quiet. Then he said something that surprised me.

"He also ordered me to hurt you."

He lifted up the sword and swung. My eyes went wide.

Then everything went black.