Chapter 31

COLE P.O.V.~

I open my eyes to a dark room. My room. I sit up and look around. Everything is normal, but I feel like something's off. I get off my bed and I stumbled a bit. I felt really weak, like a twig about to break.

I walk down the hallway. 'Wasn't I still in my bedroom?' I thought. It was like time was speeding up, like my feet were taking me where they wanted to go. My feet immediately stop when I'm in the living room. I stared.

The living room was not what it was. Everything was a mess. Spiderwebs in the corners of the walls, the furniture was torn apart and stuff was broken, laying around the floor in shattered pieces.

"Guys!" I shouted. I waited for an answer, but all I got was silence.

"Jay!" I shouted again. "Kai!" Still silence. "Anyone! Sensei!"

"None of your friends are here." I turn around and see a figure. It was two dark to see who he was. Only from his voice I could tell is wasn't anyone I knew or Roper.

"W-who are you?" I asked. I took a step back from the figure. He had a sword in his hand.

"You'll figure out who I am soon enough." And with lightning speed the figure's sword came straight at me. My eyes widened. The sword went straight past me and went into the wall behind me. He threw it that hard.

"Ow!" I touch my cheek and look back at my hand. Blood. His sword grazed me just a bit. He made it graze me on purpose.

I look back to the man, my eyes still wide. I could see a smile plastered onto his face. I take another step back. I keep looking at him as I do. I then turned around and ran as fast as I could down the hallway. As I was running, it felt like the hallway was getting longer. I ran faster, trying to get away. I look behind me and see no one, but I kept running. I wasn't taking any chances.

I was close to the bathroom. I don't know why, but I felt like I needed to go there. When I finally get there, I quickly shut the door and lock it. I back away from the door slowly.

I walk to the mirror and look at my reflection. I had bags under my eyes and I was breathing heavily. I lift my hand up and touch the cut I had from the sword. I flinched, for it hurt. When I took my hand away, more blood was visible. It was still bleeding.

I look back at the door again. Nothing was happening, but I wasn't going to leave the bathroom anytime soon. I look back to the mirror and my eyes widened.

My reflection wasn't there. Zane was my reflection. Zane tapped the other side of the mirror.

"Cole." Zane said, looking right at me. I just stared, stunned at what I'm seeing. I then see a black mist on the mirror, going towards Zane. Zane looked around frantically.  Zane then hit the mirror as hard as he could.

"Cole!" Shouted Zane, as he hit the mirror again, this time leaving a little crack from where he slammed his hands. "Wake up Cole! Wake up!"

I stepped back, horrified. Then the door started to rattle. I was now petrified.

"Cole!" Zane shouted again, still hitting the mirror frantically, cracking it more and more. The black mist was getting closer to him.