"Oh. Do you want to go to the store after school?" I nod my head, going along with it.

I mean.. it's free snacks..

"So! Give me the details! What's going on between you and Cole?"

"Nothing.. but we have been sitting at lunch together... a lot."

"You think I haven't noticed? You left me with the guy who probably dreams about killing me!" I whine, leaning against her.

She laughs, "He doesn't dream about killing you. He just finds you annoying."

"Well I know that, but I swear he's such a-"

"Such a what? Please, finish that sentence." Nova randomly appears with Cole. I gulp, sheepishly smiling at him.

"Such a nice guy...?"

"Come on Frost! Show him you're not to be messed with!" Cole cheers, slinging his arm around Manon. Manon leans into him, smiling.

Bang!

Sorry.

That was the trigger inside me trying to get out because of their blindness.

"Not to be messed with? I'll show you," Nova strides over to Cole, pulls him away, and head locks him. Then, he begins to tickle Cole. Cole bursts out into laughter, Nova joining in.

"S-Stop!" Cole yells through laughter.

"No!" Nova yells back between his laughter.

Me and Manon giggle, watching the boys.

After their little 'duel', we arrived at Math and I nearly fainted. The whiteboard said 'Test today', in big bold letters.

"Matthews you're going to do fine," Nova tries to calm me down.

"No I'm not! I'm a blonde and there are so many stereotypes about me! And one of them is true, I really am dumb!" I wail, plopping down in my seat. They follow, sitting down in the chairs around me.

"Good bye my future, good bye ever getting a job or a nice house... good bye knowledge! I'm doomed!" I cry.

"You'll do wonderful, we're sure of it." Cole interjects and Manon nods.

"Hey just because you're a blonde doesn't mean you're not smart. I know you can do this." Manon cheerfully states.

"Hey, maybe you can use some of the tips I showed you." Nova suggests.

"Can I have some food?" I request.

"Why?" Nova asks.

"Because apparently, it helps her brain comprehend what's happening," Manon explains, and I nod. Nova roles his eyes while Cole chuckles.

"Alright class! Quiet down, I'll be passing out the tests and when you get it, you may start." Mr. Earl glances at all of us.

He begins to walk around, passing out the tests, "If you fail, there will be retakes."

Once he gives me mine, I peer at it as if it was an oatmeal cookie.

"This is either madness... or brilliance." I say in my best pirate voice before picking up my pencil.

I'm pretty sure I failed that test. Did I mention I was the last one to finish? No? Well I was.

And it sucked!

Everyone was watching me and it was awkward.

"Hurry up, I'm hungry!" A boy yells at me, possibly a freshman.