"Sorry sir but there came an emergency..."

The press left frustrated as Mr. Christ,the head editor came up to him...

"Tell her to be there at my place...i aint handling such nonsense..."

"Ok sir"

He left as Joseph let out a sigh of relief. He walked upstairs and dialed her number which went unanswered. He dialed it again but she had her phone switched off.

"Where the hell are you " he said to himself as he walked out.

.............

It was mid day but there was still no sign of her. By then Joseph was dozing off in his room as he turned and found someone next to him. He pulled the person closer as he inhaled the fresh cologne into his system. Still with their eyes closed he slowly went down over her as he kissed her lips while she dug her nails over his back. She let out a soft moan while he looked up at her. Placing her over his chest he pulled the quilt over them and ruffled through her silky hairs...

"Where were you?" He asked...

She looks up at him as she answered...

"I was on a search to find Raina mam...she is still unavailable Joseph"

"Hmm...Did you try all her available numbers?" He asked

"Yea i did but its almost 1 o clock she is missing since morning"

He sat up...Sophia sat next to him...as she got herself dressed up...

"I think i know where she will be" he said to himself...

"Where?"

"I need to leave honey take good care of yourself as i will be late..."

He kissed her lips and rushed out dressing himself up...

.......................

The city lights gleamed well at a distance as she stood there at her balcony and stared longer at the Eiffel tower visible from her apartment. Nothing changed in her rather than the little weight she had put on. She was still the same like that night when he left her...

#FLASHBACK#

"Nirvaan...."

She woke up later the same night as she covered herself with the bedsheet and walked over to the balcony and then walked out to the other room. He was nowhere to be seen as it didnt take her moments to realise that her Nirvaan had already left to board the flight

She sighed as she came back and sat over the bed. Sighing deeper she thought of the life he left her to be with. A life without him. The next morning itself the blank space in her life irked her... She had her breakfast and left early. The day kept her busy but the void started to mark its presence when she was back home. All those memories he left with her started to destroy her ... She cried harder each night and finally after 6 months she moved on with life . She changed her flat and accepted the truth that Nirvaan's part in her story of life was over....though she couldnt help herself to be just his....

"Uncontrollably HIS"

.............................

"I knew it you will be here. Its 8.30 do you know? Since so long i have been trying your phone leaving messages...but..."

"Whats the date today Joseph?" She asked...

He checked his phone as she herself said it...

"22 November it is...you must be knowing well how this day makes me come here all over again to revisit the smithereens of my past" she said still facing away from him...

"I am sorry...i must have known"

"Its okay Joseph. .we can leave now" she said walking out in those high stilettoes out of the house... Joseph followed...

The whole way she didnt speak a word but just stared out from the window. Joseph knew how hard it was for her. She missed Nirvaan a way too much... But she never showed it to anyone.

Dropping her at her residence he left while she walked inside and sat there in front of her diary...to add another page in his memories....

"The pages never remain bare these days. .since the day you left...

These writings are a perfect paragon to my life which remains void since you left...

I know what you did wasn't wrong in your case...but still how do i make my foolish heart understand this?

The mornings these days arent left the same..the night passes on but without you even the brightest mornings tend to make me yearn for you...

I miss you Nirvaan...I miss you"

With that she closes her diary and dozes off to sleep. She knew he will never come back...she also knows that he still loves her, its like a telepathic connection between her heart and his..but there lies also a fact that this love just leads to the lane of pain...

...................

"Stella bring me the new edition of this copy of work" she said over the phone as she sat back closing her eyes over her rotating chair.

"I love you"

She woke up shaken as she looked around. It felt like he just came near her an whispered those words she is dying to hear. She drank some water as she adjusted herself. He was nowhere and she had to accept that fact. There was a knock at the door as she announced...

"Come in "

Joseph came in with a huge smile on his face as she smiled back at him. He took a seat as he spoke up...

"I have a wonderful news for you"

"Really!? You are saying as though you found a new plot for my upcoming work" she smiled...

"Its something like that..."

"Go on"she said checking her phone as her fingers stop at a photo...

"Okay its about a mean girl...she left her guy just because she loved the city life here...living in luxuries...that will fit her. He leaves and all she is left with is just dreams painted in aureate shades...and"

"Stop it"

"But Raina..."

"I said stop " she hits her hand over the table...

"Why are you being so stroppy Raina...chill"

"Leave please i am not in my right senses"

"It seems so"

He walked out. Raina broke down in tears this time...she missed him terribly this time . She didn't know why but it felt like she needed him a way too bad today. The sad part was...even if she gets him...things wont remain the same anymore...

©Sheena ❣