CHAPTER 60

Crying in the same place like a broken clock

Minji excused herself from the group.

"I just need to talk to someone." She revealed honestly, Jihoon opened his mouth to ask who that someone is but he figured it isn't any of his problem. He has got something else to take care of.

Minji hit the call button on a certain someone's number, she didn't know why but she felt quite nervous talking to the person again.

"H-hey Minji? What's up?"

"You're not in the Cafeteria, where are you right now?"

"What for?"

"I need to talk to you face to face."

She could hear the person letting out a heavy sigh on the other side of the line before replying.

"At the garden."

"I'll meet you there, Woojin."

Minji jogged down the hallways to get faster to him, lunch break was going to end soon and she didn't have time for walking.

She slowed her tracks as her foot met with the concrete, Minji walked to the direction of where the garden was. Slowly following the concrete path that led to it. She could see Woojin sitting at a bench, his back facing her whilst staring at the bush of roses.

"Hey . ." Minji breathed out, gently placing a hand on top of his shoulders. It sent sparks all over Woojin's body, he hated it, he hated feeling this way towards her.

She sat next to him, examining the vibrant roses. "I'm sorry." Minji started off.

He took a small glance before chuckling, it was an empty one. "You don't have anything to be sorry about. I totally understand how you feel, I mean, a close friend betraying you? It's harsh so I get it." Woojin shrugged.

Minji shook her head, "I shouldn't have lashed out on you like that. I'm really sorry, my emotions got the best of me and everything just spilled out. I couldn't control my emotions."

"I should've tried to understand your point of view, I mean, I know you didn't want to betray Jihoon too. Being in your position at that time was hard, I should've been more understanding. You never wished to get involved with the whole 'Rae' problem anyway." She continued.

Woojin smiled, "Past is past. I forgive you, I guess."

He turned to her, showing his infamous cheeky smile. He's never smiled that wide in ages, Woojin hated how only she could make him smile like that.

The same person who rejected her.

"I forgive you too." She spoke.

"I'm sorry again." Minji frowned. "Hey, why are you sad for?" Woojin slightly chuckled, pulling her in to a tight hug. His strong arms securely wrapped around her torso, after all, it's the last time he could hold her this tight, this close.

"It's just that . . I regret avoiding you. I honestly miss you so much." She mumbled in to his shoulder. Woojin couldn't help but smile, his cheeks burning.

"I missed you too." He replied.

Woojin hated himself. He hated himself for wanting to pull away from the hug and kiss her instead, he hated himself that he wants to make her his, he hated himself because he still loves Minji.

He can't be feeling this way towards her anymore, not when he knows Minji is never going to be his.

The boy blinked back his tears before slowly pulling away from the hug, he stared at her lips for a couple of seconds before diverting his attention. Woojin was trying his best not to pull her in for a kiss, he needed to control himself.

"Friends?" Minji spoke.

His heart sank. Woojin saw this coming but he didn't have time to prepare, he was too distracted moping about losing her completely.

"Friends . ." He choked out but she didn't notice the change in his voice.

I love you, Minji. Woojin thought.

>>

It was finally Saturday, the Basketball team's last game for the year.

Jihoon calmly sat on the bench in the lockers, despite his calm outside his inside was a mess. His heart raced with nervousness and his mind was pure blank.

And it wasn't because of their last game.

"Bro, you okay? You seem dazed." Donghyun sat next to him, tightly tying his laces making sure it doesn't come undone during the game. Jihoon stole a glance at him before nodding.

"We're warming up at the gym courts now, coach is finding you. I'll see you there." Donghyun gave Jihoon's shoulder a manly pat before leaving the locker rooms.

Jihoon let out a deep sigh before following behind Donghyun.

The court was still empty as the game was no where near starting yet. He saw his fellow team mates jogging around and passing the ball amongst themselves, one person caught his eyes suddenly making him nervous again.

Minji was there helping out with the equipments.

He stared at her busy figure and let out another deep sigh. "Minji! Jihoon is here!" Kenta called out making the girl turn around and scan the gym for the pretty eyed boy.

As she spotted him, Minji excused herself from Mr. Hong and jogged towards Jihoon with a smile. Jihoon returned the smile but it was a nervous one.

She noticed his nervous smile, thinking it was about the game. "Hey, don't be nervous. You'll do great out there." Minji encouraged, gently patting his back.

"Thanks." Jihoon smiled.

In no time, the game was nearing it's start.

Minji sat on the front row just behind the benches for the players along with Daehwi, Jinyoung and Nari. "Oh my goodness, I suddenly feel nervous about this game." Nari chuckled.

Minji raised a brow at Nari, "Why is everyone so nervous about today?"

The rest shrugged but it was mixed with elbow jabs and weird glances.

+++

hehehehheehheehe ;)