CHAPTER 25

This foolishly regret-filled songI hope it reaches the skyMy prayer that spent all night in tearsI hope it reaches your heart

I hope it reaches the sky
My prayer that spent all night in tears
I hope it reaches your heart.

+a/n: hehe can yall guess what song those lyrics are from?

"I promise, I won't tell her anymore. Just tell me what the whole freaking deal is, I need to know what's happening because everything is a damn mess." Daehwi sighed, leaning on to the tree next to him, his eyes boring in to the boy a head of him.

Woojin sighed, "Okay, it all started with the deal. Of course everyone- well not everyone but you know, found it suspicious when Jihoon accepted Rae's offer instead of Minji's. Yes, he had a pretty valid reason for why he didn't want Minji's help and that was before Rae turned things around."

"Jihoon of course didn't know what he's getting himself in to, all he thought of Rae was a friend and that was it. He thought of it as a friend helping a fellow friend out, he had no other intention because his heart belongs to Minji and her only, no one else."

"He told me after accepting her offer, they went straight to the hospital to pay for the medication straight away because his father needed it as soon as possible. Then when the two of them headed to the counter to pay for the prescribed medicine and bills, Rae suddenly turned the tables and basically told him that she would only help if he ditched Minji and went with her instead."

"He was really upset at that time, he cared so much for his father and Minji, they were both very close to his heart but seeing his father in that state slowly made his decision to be where it is now. Jihoon thought about it long and hard yet he was quite oblivious about how Minji felt since last time he asked her if she trusted him and of course her answer was yes."

"I tried getting it in to his head that her yes means to do good not to do the opposite but he wasn't having any of it. Jihoon was too distant to talk to, he's been so stressed about everything. The words I say just goes in his ear and out the other."

"Lately his mother has scolded him so much because of what he's done to Minji. She scolded him because she told him that he used to talk about Minji non-stop like she was his everything but now he just treats her like crap. That was the same day he broke up with her."

"Also Jihoon told me that his father has been very thankful towards his independent actions but was pretty disappointed in finding out about his relationship status. He told me that though he's done something good towards his father, it still didn't feel like an accomplishment since he hurt a person in order to achieve that good deed."

~

Minji watched the two from afar, they looked close as ever. Well, who wouldn't be close with their girlfriend? "There you go again, torturing yourself. First you skip meals and then now you watch them having fun together?" Daehwi sighed blocking her vision from Rae and Jihoon.

Minji looked at her shoes, "How can he- Nevermind." She shook her head, walking off.

Daehwi sighed once again, taking a quick glance at Jihoon before catching up with her. Little did they know, Jihoon stole a quick glance as well, his eyes focused on Minji's noticeably sad figure.

"Eyes on me." Rae gently cupped Jihoon's cheeks and turn his head to face her. "You broke up with her, remember?" The boy nodded, not meeting her eyes.

"How's Mr.Park by the way?" Yet she has the audacity to ask about my father. "He's doing well, he'll be discharged soon . . thanks for your help." Jihoon swallowed his pride while saying the last sentence.

"Be a good boy and you'll get something in return." Rae smirked. "I don't think I'll need you anymore." He started off, getting annoyed by her touch. She tilted her head in confusion, "Wha-" "My father will be discharged soon, I won't need your help anymore, Rae."

The girl chuckled, "Yes, you won't need my help anymore but that doesn't mean I'm not your girlfriend anymore."

"Do your parents know what you're doing? And you'll never be my girlfriend, don't get too caught up in your hopes because I'm only doing this for a stupid deal." He glared at her, removing her hands from his face. "Call it stupid but I lured you in, didn't I? Who wins now?"

"I do, because in the end, you'll never be my girlfriend. The only girlfriend I have is Minji!" He took one last glance before walking past her. "Correction, ex-girlfriend." Rae scoffed.

Jihoon stopped his tracks but continued walking with clenched fists dug inside his pocket.

Rae sighed while watching his back, she then remembered what Daehwi called her, Monster. The girl shook her head, no, you're not a monster. She thought to herself.

>>

"Hey look, what's happening there?" Nari craned her neck, trying to get a good view of outside from the cafeteria window. "Hm?" Minji turned around to see a lot of people gathering around something she couldn't quite figure out.

"We should check it out! Look's like they're having some kind of dance competition or whatever." Jinyoung suggested. The rest followed his suggestion and quickly jogged to the soccer field where all the commotion was happening.

"Hey, Minji!" Someone tightly gripped her hand causing her to stumble back to that person, "Woojin, what's up? Wanna come and see what's happening over there?" She asked, pointing to the crowd.

"Well uh actually-" "Don't be a bummer! C'mon!" Minji chuckled, dragging him towards the crowd. Woojin admired Minji's back, her hair dancing in the wind as she pulls him closer to the center of attention.

Woojin looked around and saw some of his Basketball team mates like Youngmin, Donghyun and Kenta who could easily be spotted. They noticed Minji who was dragging him nearer to the crowd and shook their heads, panicking. Woojin sighed, mouthing, 'I know.'

"Oh, who-" Minji stopped talking as she finally got to the center, she instantly regret seeing the scene ahead of her.

"Rae, will you be my prom date?" Jihoon asked, his eyes sparkling and his lips forming a soft smile. The boy held a box of chocolates and ballons.

Rae nodded and immediately pulled him in to a tight hug, the crowd of students cooed at the scene whilst Minji rolled her eyes, scoffing. Woojin turned her around, his eyes boring in to hers. "I think it's the best to not look at them, it'll only hurt you. Just stare in to my eyes and don't worry about your surroundings." He whispered but it seemed like his soft voice topped the noise which soon became fuzzy.

Jihoon caught a glimpse of Minji staring at Woojin and vice versa, he felt his heart sink. He lowered his gaze, sighing. "You did well, Jihoon." Rae softly chuckled.

These are all just an act, Minji. Rae was the one who bought all of these things, after all I wouldn't spend my money on someone like her.

+++

im officially free for the year !!! no more exams no more stressing just me writing my chapters for this book !!

i need to catch up on some kpop now lmao :)

happy 900+ votes ily all ❤ and yes as yall have probs noticed that I added song lyrics on the start again :))