CHAPTER 3

"Why are you even crying

"Why are you even crying." She scoffed at herself and harshly wiped the tears from her soaked cheeks. "It's like you're not used to it." She kept on talking to herself, repeatedly wiping her tears.

Rae quietly sat at a bench in the school garden but she sat at the one where it was very far away, away from all the students. She didn't want anyone seeing her cry just because of a boy.

"Who are you talking to?" Woojin peeked his head from a tree, he was currently having his alone time while listening to music but as he took his headphones off, he heard someone behind him.

"Wait, you're Rae, right?" He asked before she could speak. The girl nodded, once again wiping her cheeks erasing the tears.

"Why are you crying?" He softly asked, finally stepping out from behind the tree.

The girl cleared her throat, "It's nothing-" "Right, Minji and Jihoon?" Woojin cut her off, now resting his left side on the tree. She was a bit taken back by his straightforwardness but nodded, nonetheless.

"You know, it's not worth crying over someone. I mean, there are literally other guys who might be interested in you." He shrugged.

Easy to say but hard to do. She thought to herself.

She didn't know what else to say so she just nodded. Awkward silence filled the place, Woojin couldn't bare it, "U-uh, I'll go ahead. See you around I guess." He pushed himself off the tree and did a salute with his two fingers and jogged off.

>>

Jihoon's hand snaked under Minji's palm ⏤that was comfortably resting on top of the bench⏤ and laced their fingers together. She flinched a little and looked at the boy who only smiled and looked at the board to listen.

They were currently at Bio class.

The girl tried listening to their teacher but Jihoon was making it hard for her to do so as he was now drawing circles along her palm with his index finger. "Listen to the teacher." She looked over to him and chuckled.

Jihoon chuckled as well but didn't stop.

Their teacher finally stopped explaining something on the board and let them do book work, Jihoon took this opportunity to ask his girlfriend something.

"Hey, I was thinking if you and the rest want to hangout at the Café afterschool. It's on me." He turned to her.

"Sure! I have nothing to do anyway. I'll ask the rest if they want to come later." Minji replied, opening her notebook.

He still hasn't let go of her other hand, "Are you this clingy?" She chuckled, watching their hands. "Well yes." Jihoon smiled. "I'm not complaining though." Minji replied.

*

Daehwi huffed while watching the outside world, eyeing the trees dance everytime a gush of cool wind came.

He didn't bother listening to his English class, he didn't feel like it. For the past few days, he's been feeling very lonely lately and he didn't know why.

The joy he felt with his friends were slowly fading away and he exactly knew why but he just didn't have the guts to tell anyone anything. Not even Minji, his bestfriend.

They'd probably see him as an attention seeker or childish, he didn't want his friends to think of him that way. He's never been like this.

He doodled on the side of his page, drawing and writing random things that popped in to his mind.

I just don't want to get left behind.

That was the last thing he wrote before the bell rang, meaning it was time for break. He didn't feel like seeing anyone today.

But most of all, he didn't feel like himself.

He slowly packed his books away, not caring about him being the last one remaining in the classroom.

Daehwi sluggishly made his way to the rooftop, he wanted some alone time for himself.

*

Minji and Jihoon made their way to the cafeteria, laughing about random topics and what not. "Hey guys! Where's Daehwi?" Jihoon asked as they saw Nari and Jinyoung sitting down.

She raised an eyebrow at Nari as she looked very flustered, Nari gave her a shy smile and shook her head. "I-i thought Daehwi was with you guys? Isn't his classroom near your's?" Jinyoung stuttered.

"You know him, he takes his time coming out of the room. Let him be." Nari shrugged and started digging in her food

Minji didn't know why but she felt something wrong about this. Yes, Daehwi was a slowpoke at leaving the classroom but he didn't usually take this much time on to getting to the Cafeteria, in fact sometimes he would be the first one there despite taking long in getting out of the room.

She set her bag beside Jihoon who already sat in an empty seat, "I-i'll be back . . " Minji jogged out of the Cafeteria before her friends could ask her questions.

Minji walked to his English class but found no one there besides his teacher. She huffed and walked to the garden but no one was there as well.

Where are you?

Just then, an idea popped in to her head. "Rooftop." She whispered to herself and headed straight to the rooftop.

"What's wrong with her?" Jinyoung asked, "I'll be back as well." Jihoon excused himself, bringing his belongings and Minji's bag with him.

"Daehwi." Minji breathed out as she saw her bestfriend looking down at the busy street. He didn't look back as if he never heard her speak.

"Lee Daehwi, are you okay-" "Just because I want time for myself means I'm not okay? Stop assuming so much Minji." He cut her off, dryly chuckling but still not turning to face her.

"What is wrong with you? Why are you suddenly acting this way?" She furrowed her brows, slowly approaching her bestfriend.

She was extremely worried for him.

Jihoon jogged up the flight of stairs, heading to the rooftop. He went everywhere else but couldn't find Minji so his last choice was the rooftop.

He slightly peeked at the gap of the door, it was slightly opened but enough for him to hear what was happening inside.

Is that Daehwi? He thought to himself.

He figured they were arguing, Jihoon wanted to step in and ask what was wrong but it wasn't any of his business.

Daehwi turned around, a glint of sadness in his eyes. The corners of his mouth somewhat heavy. "I just don't want to be left behind, Minji." That was the last thing Jihoon heard before the door closed as a gush of wind came their way.

Left behind? Why would he be left behind? Jihoon thought to himself as he walked back to Jinyoung and Nari.

+++

lel what an ugly chapter.

anyway another update since my 2 weeks holidays is nearing its bitter end and i unfortunately really have to be hands on (me) with school & studying because exams are coming and i need to get gr8 grades :)