CHAPTER 24

"Also! Don't forget that Senior prom will be happening next month, tickets are in the office and up for grabs

"Also! Don't forget that Senior prom will be happening next month, tickets are in the office and up for grabs. Posters have been put up around the school so look out for those if you want further details." Their homeroom teacher spoke out loud, reading the notices.

Minji's ears perked up at the notice, "Nari, we should go look for some dresses soon! I'm excited for Prom." She turned around, her eyes sparkling. Nari smiled while nodding, "Heck yeah, I just need to save up for the tickets though, they can be damn expensive."

"We should all go! This is only once in a lifetime, plus won't you guys want to spend the night with other seniors?" Minji shook Daehwi's shoulder who sat next to her. "Not when that ass hat Woojin is there." He scoffed.

Jinyoung laughed from the back causing Minji to glare at him, "What's up with Woojin? He's cool and please come! I'm begging you." Minji pouted.

"I'll think about it." "Bro, you should come. I'll definitely go." Jinyoung called out to Daehwi.

"My class better not disappoint me! This is your last year, think it through. Also, since it's your last year, why not ask someone to be your date for the night?" Their teacher added.

The class then became noisy at the topic of 'Prom date'. "Ooooh, whose going to be yours?" Minji nudged Daehwi, "I think I'm better off alone. I don't need no woman." He laughed.

"How 'bout you Jinyoung, are you going to ask someone to be your date?" Nari quietly asked, crossing her fingers hoping it would be her. "Definately!" He replied, smiling at her.

"Woah, girls are already surrounding those two douchebag's table." Daehwi scoffed, eyeing the group of girls.

Minji's eyes trailed over to where Jihoon and Daniel sat, the two sat with Daniel's other friends who seemed to get along with Jihoon pretty well except for Jisung, he looked extra quiet.

She could hear what the girls were saying, they were asking them to be their prom date. Minji examined Jihoon's flushed face, his hands shyly covering his mouth as he chuckled. The girl rolled her eyes and went back to looking outside the window.

"I'm sorry, I have someone else in mind for my date." Jihoon kindly declined her offer causing Minji to look his way again.

The two made a brief eye contact til Minji broke it, don't be so dense Minji, it's clearly for Rae! His new girlfriend, duh. She thought.

>>

"Hey! Did your homeroom teacher tell you guys about Prom?" Woojin stood in front of their table, eyeing Minji whilst he spoke. "Yeah, you going?" Jinyoung asked before taking a spoonful of rice.

Woojin nodded, "I have someone in mind for my prom date!" "That's if she doesn't reject you." Daehwi chuckled causing Woojin to scoff in annoyance.

"Whatever, atleast I know for sure I would have a date." "Okay, okay, no more! Let's just eat in piece okay? Isn't the food lovely today?" Minji butted in to their conversation cauing Nari to laugh at her question.

"It sure is." She chuckled.

"Hey, I'll be back. I need to go restroom." Daehwi stood up from his chair, heading towards the exit of the Cafeteria, he took one last glance at Minji before finding a specific someone.

He figured that he'll be at the most memorable place in school, not the rooftop but instead the garden.

Daehwi silently made his way over to the familiar figure sitting on one of the many benches, he looked like a statue. "Jihoon." Daehwi called out as he neared the boy, Jihoon flinched at his voice but turned around, nonetheless.

"What do you want?" He sighed turning around again to face the roses, the type of flower Minji liked.

"Where's Rae?" Daehwi stayed rooted on the ground, he didn't dare go any nearer because he might make the same mistake he did the other day. "How should I know?" He coldly replied.

Daehwi sighed, "Listen, drop the cold act right now. I know you're just doing this because of Rae, she offered you that help so she could get what she want, right? She did it because she wanted something in return and that something in return is to leave Minji and go with her instead. That's why you accepted, because you didn't want your father to suffer yet you left another person suffering."

Jihoon turned around, "How did yo-" "It doesn't matter, tell me where that girl is." He took a step forward.

The boy sighed, "She's near the arts faculty, hanging out with her friends in front of the field." With that, Daehwi left without saying another word.

"Yet you left another person to suffer." That sentence lingered around his mind, "I'm sorry, I truly am. Please wait for me." Jihoon whispered to himself, his fingers fiddling with the hem of his blazer.

>>

"Yoon Rae, I need to talk to you." Daehwi said and took no time to drag her away, Rae could only protest since his grip was too hard to escape from. "Hey- let go of me!"

He harshly let go of her red wrist.

Sorry Minji, I just have to do this one last time. I can't bare to see you acting so happy when inside you aren't.

"Tell me, you're the reason behind Jihoon acting so cold, right?" He shifted his weight on one leg and crossed his arms over his chest, "What are yo-"

"Stop acting for fucks sakes! Coming in to someone else's life and ruining their relationship, huh!? Is that how you find someone to love? By taking people who's already attached to someone else?" He lashed out.

Daehwi wasn't having any of her crap right now, "Don't you see that they're both hurting because of you! You did this to them! Minji has been blaming herself, she's been so harsh on herself lately and I'm concerned about her! Jihoon is literally heart broken because of you."

I'm sorry Minji, I know I promised not to attack Rae anymore but promises are meant to be broken.

"You're such a monster!" He growled before slapping her.

Rae smirked, "That isn't going to do anything, Daehwi. Call me names, do anything you want but those won't stray me away from Jihoon."

Monster.

Monster.

Monster.

+++

HI WINKIES

im so nervous for my exam tmrw but its my last one so hooray !! i can catch up on wanna one go zero base yO

also i feel like this book is going to end sooner than expected, or not. idk lmao