30

AN: PLEASE READ AN THAT IS AT THE END BC I NEED FEEDBACK!!!

(4 weeks after the last chapter)

I finally got readjusted to life at home. It was a big change going from basically having every second of your life mapped out to basically having no plans at all. I'm still keeping up with the school work and stuff but that was really it. When I woke up and went downstairs to make myself breakfast mom was already sitting at the table blankly staring.

"Hey mom" I said as I poured myself some OJ. She basically jumped at the sound of my voice which startled me.

"Oh hey Quinn. I didn't see you there."

"You know you've been like this all week right? Whats up?" She gave me a look like she had no idea what I was talking about. "You've been jumpy. Whats on your mind?"

"I guess that I'm just a little nervous about later."

"You mean lunch?" Mom had made plans last week for us to go out as a family.

"Yeah and the surprise that comes along with it."

"Wait what do you mean?"

"You'll just have to wait until tonight." she said with a smirk.

"Ugh no fair. Is it good news at least?"

"I think so."

"Alright. Now I should go get started on my school work" with that I went up to my room wondering what mom's surprise was. Does Dad know? I couldn't get any school work done because I kept trying to guess what it was. I decided to go to the studio room instead to play the piano. Over the tour Tyler was helping me learn during the down time we had. I started mindlessly playing a random tune that I couldn't quite figure out. When I got to the end claps came from behind me. I whipped around to see Dad sitting on the couch with a smirk on his face.

"Billy Joel. Good choice." That's when words started to fit to the music and I realized that I was playing the Piano Man.

"How long have you been there for?"

"Only a minute or two. I heard the music so I thought I would see what's going on. Tyler taught you well."

"Well thank you." I turned back around to face the keys when a thought crossed my mind. "So Dad?"

"Mmhhm" he mumbled as he took a sip of his coffee.

"Do you have any idea what Moms big surprise for tonight is?"

"Of course I do".

"Then why can't I know?"

"Because then it wouldn't be much of a surprise now would it?" he started to laugh and I decided to play piano some more. Around two o'clock mom told me that we were leaving in a little bit so I should go up and get changed. I decided to wear something nice but casual cause mom already told me we only going to the small restaurant around the corner. I through on some jeans that were too long for me so I had to cuff them at the ends, my black high tops, and then a maroon oversized sweater. For once my hair didn't fall awkwardly so I just left it down. By the time I was ready I heard mom yelling my name from downstairs telling me it was time to go so I quickly grabbed my phone off the charger and headed out to the car.

Like always, Dad drove while tapping his fingers on the wheel to the beat of whatever song was playing and Mom sat in the passenger seat while I was in the back staring out the window. I looked over to mom to see that she wasn't on her phone like she usually does in the car. She had a grin ear to ear and her knee was bouncing up and down. It was obvious that she couldn't wait to tell me whatever this big surprise was and I definitely couldn't wait to hear it. When we made it to the restaurant we were seated in a booth in the corner. We sat in silence for a while staring at the menus until we ordered, then I decided I couldn't wait much longer.

"Ok so we're here now. What's the big surprise?"

"Do you wanna tell her or should I?" Mom turned to dad and asked then they both said so much that I didn't even understand because they were talking so fast.

"Someone tell me!"

"Ok fine." Dad finally said. "Quinn before we thought about adopting we were trying to have a kid but that didn't go so well for us which is what lead us to you. And now-" mom then cut him off.

"Oh I can't wait any longer! Quinn I'm pregnant." Mom finally said and she looked at me to see my reaction. At first I was excited, then kinda nervous. Does that mean I'm being sent back? I guess they don't need me anymore.

"So what do ya think?" Mom's voice interrupted my thoughts.

"Oh its us.. It's amazing."

"You don't sound so amazed." Dad responded "What's up?"

"No I'm actually so excited for you guys!" I faked my excitement so they wouldn't be sad. "When do we find out gender and have we got any name ideas?"

"Well We have to wait awhile to find out the sex but me and your dad have already got some Ideas."

"Yeah we were thinking Lila for a girl and Declan for if it's a boy." Right then the waitress came out with our food and we changed the subject. If I only have a few days left before I get sent back to some adoption agency, I'm gonna anjoy them.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

AN: I have officially finished typing the story and now all I need to do is edit! Im super excited because Now I can start working on my next Idea!! Let me know who ya'll wanna see. Ships? just let me know. ard byyyyeeeeee