Chapter 2

After I was able to convince Derek to let me start working again, I make breakfast for everyone, then we all decide to go down to the Modeling agency so that Ana can try to get me back on there. 

"Are you sure you want to do this? I know you're not like you were a couple years ago, but these bitches more than likely will start their shit." She says. 

"Babygirl I want you to be a 100% sure about this. And if you do get back on here if there's any issues promise you'll tell one of us?" Derek begs. 

I look at them all. "I'm really sure about this. I promise to talk to someone if they begin getting to me. It'll be much harder than it used to be, they will see that for sure." I say getting out of the car. 

They all get out also, then we all walk in together. "Good morning Ana, Derek, Skate, and is this Nivea Williams?" The secretary asks. 

"That it is. Been awhile Katherine." I say smiling at her.

"How are you? How was New York? I mean are you like just visiting or?" She begins pounding me with questions. I chuckle.

"I'm great, New York well that was fun for a bit, but it was a bust. I'm back for good. I actually came back a year ago."

"Wow. How's JJ and the relationship?" She asks. I chuckle. 

"I have no clue how he is. I left him and came home he hurt me. I'm with Derek now. Anyways, we can catch up later. You still looking for models by chance?" I ask. 

"Yeah we are."

"I could use an application." I say winking.

"Wait, you want to come back after what happened?" She asks.

"Yes I do. Words are words yeah they hurt, but I'm a big girl I can handle it." I say. She nods and picks up her phone.

"You can take a seat, this will be a minute." She says smiling. We nod and sit in the lobby. We talk about stuff when Valary the boss comes down. She doesn't make eye contact yet. Katherine points to us, and her eyes instantly light up.

"Nivea." She smiles. 

"Hey Val." I smile back.

"Come on give me a hug now." She says. I stand up and hug her tightly. 

"Honey, it's so nice to see you back here. What are you doing back anyways where is Jack?"

I look at the floor. "We aren't together anymore. He cheated, so I left a year ago. I came home and now I'm with Derek." I say as Derek wraps his arm securely around my waist. 

"Wow. I'm sorry to hear that, but I'm glad you're happy now. Question is are you ready to work harder than ever before? I need a full time model now. Ours quit." She says. I suck in a deep breath as Derek squeezes my hip.

"I'll take it. I will do anything. I just need the money, and since I love to model I will do it." I smile widely as Ana and Skate look at me in fear. I don't dare look at Derek. 

Derek can kiss my ass. If he don't like it then he can suck it. I want to work again, I'm not his innocent frail flower anymore, that's something he has to learn. 

"Well great! You start next week! See you then. And Nivea, if you need anything please let me know." She says. I smile and thank her. We walk out of the agency. 

Derek stays quiet, but his jaw is clenched. I know I got under his skin smiling I drive us home. Skate decides he is going to take Ana out, because we all know a huge fight is about to happen. I'm not scared. 

But others are scared for me. After they leave, Derek is sitting at the island in the kitchen playing on his phone.

"Alright go ahead, scream at me, you know the usual." I say. He looks at me then looks back down at his phone. 

I sigh and turn to walk away. "Stop. Don't you dare move." He says. 

I turn on my heel and look at him. "Gonna yell now?" I ask waiting for it.

"Yelling gets me nowhere. Look, I know how ambitious you are, I know how bad you want to work again, which is why I'm not going to stop you. I just fear that one day you'll get so stressed you'll hurt yourself again. I'm not ready to lose you Nivea, I need you to understand that, but you are a grown woman. You may do as you please. I just want you to know that if anything happens you best fucking tell me, Skate or Ana. I mean that. We are here to help you and love you." He says tears streaming down his cheeks.

"Derek, Baby," I begin walking over to him. I wipe his tears away, "I'm not going anywhere, not yet. I love you so much, and I understand you're not ready to lose me. I don't blame you, but I need you to see that I'm not an innocent, fragile, little flower anymore D. You've gotta trust me. I will come to you when I need you like that. But right now, lets do something, anything. I want to put this behind us. I need you to trust me more that's all I ask." I say. He stands up.

"I trust you more than you know my love. I just fear for you that's all. I know you'll make it." He says kissing me. 

I kiss back as he picks me up by my legs. He sets me on the island then pulls away for a minute. "I love you so much beautiful." He says. 

"I love you more."