“This is it Nirvaan....its enough....why is she always doing this against us huh? What is her problem I mean. The more I try to win her heart the more she tries to persuade you to get married to that girl who isn’t even a graduate...” she said fuming with anger this time...

“Raina....mind your words....she might not be like you but she is my friend and I don’t like others insulting my friends...” he said a bit hurt by the way Raina just behaved...

“Nirvaan....the thing going on is not about insulting friends,, I am tired of it....why your mom never likes me....i even sent her a gift a week back which she returned back asking me not to butter her with those gestures...I am frustrated Nirvaan...” she said...

“Raina...Raina....sshhh...” he held both her hands as he made her look up at him...and continued... “Raina I know you are very much disturbed with all this but trust me...everything will be fine once we return back to India...i will talk about us directly once we settle there permanently..” he said as Raina was shocked this time...

She let out the grip of his hands off her and spoke up...

“India? Settle there? You mean you are...”

“Yes....i am planning to take up a job there itself in Ahmedabad, a lot of companies even liked me after a video call session interview...this was what I have been doing since last one month every night when you go to bed....once I get the job you too quit being a columnist here and we will go back to India...to be happily married there....” he said all that with much excitement in his voice leaving Raina quite surprised that the plan is already set for her she just needs to give her aggrement...

“Nirvaan....I...”

“I know you are surprised and...much more happy...” he smiled...

“Nirvaan why? Why did you plan all this by yourself without feeling the need to discuss with me?" She was angry this time...

"Raina... I honestly thought that you would be happy to hear it"

"No i am not Nirvaan...for me i love my job man...i dont want to leave Paris just for something else because this is actually what i wanted from life ..i don't want to go" she said breaking his high hopes from her this time...

"Look Raina...we will talk this again okay? Think about it as its a day off for you...we will talk but later okay?  Cya"

He said as he was in a hurry. She sighed as she knew that he would still be adamant over the decision he took for her. She went back inside as she checked her phone...3 missed calls from Julia awaited her as she called her back...

"Yes...yea...ow yes i will send it to you by noon...um...okay"

She hung up as she opened her laptop to start writing a new story to her column that was quite in news. May be the name attracted her from the last drama she saw being dipped into dramaland...or may be it was something she wanted to tell Nirvaan...whatever it was she loved everything about her column starting from the name to her work itself. Her column "Uncontrollably Yours" wasnt just something that fed her...it was something she loved doing rather than just walking out of it and being there in India in some corporate job which will surely feed her but not give her the bliss she attains by writing. Lazily she started typing another few words with deep emotions to her column....

"Life is often a rollercoaster ride... sometime too smooth...while at times too ugly to face. But be it better or worst...all you need to do is just flow away with time. Letting yourself just to live like never before. Sometimes its too hazy even to look at...while at times its too beautiful to look at. I wish i had the gift of the gab to speak up for once for just myself...but sadly that wasn't that easy . I have that solipsism to make things easier...but when the person isnt ready to listen ...well thats not your fault .."

She wrote for another few minutes  or so before she sent it to the editor and dozed off right there. .

...................

The room was quite darker when she woke up. She rubbed her eyes just to find the lights turned on in the next room...may be Nirvaan was back. She walked out as shesaw him busy with his game as she sat next to him ...

"When did you arrive?" She asked resting her head over his shoulder...

"When you were asleep" he said...

"I will make us two cups of coffee"

She stood up as he held her hand and stood up. Pulling her closer by her waist he went forward as he cupped her face in his hands and spoke up...

"I knew you would agree with me" he said making her shocked...

"Nirvaan..."

He turned back...

"I aint agreeing on this"

She said it finally with a heavy heart. She knows well that this could put their forever together dream at a stake but how could she do against her wish...she needs to take a decision of her own and this felt wiser...

"What?"

She stood up as she walked to him. Holding his hand in hers she spoke up...

"I know...you will be quite upset but baby this is something i need to do for myself"

"You are being selfish..."

"I have to...i love my job i cannot go there back..."

"But i will find a great job for you"

"Will be this magazine's columnist? No right? I am happy to be here . Please Nirvaan"

He didn't answer this time as he slowly walked away. She could hear the sound of the door knob being closed from inside as a drop of tear rolled down her face. She wants to be with him but not sacrificing something that she loves doing...

.................

The morning started with a bad note as by the time she woke up he already left for job not even pecking her a good morning kiss. She prepared herself a cup of tea as she sat curling up her knees over the couch lazily. Checking her notifications she got to know that the last post she added to her blog yesterday had scored the maximum popularity. She sighed as she checked the time and went upstairs to get herself ready to leave when something caught her attention...

......................

©Sheena ❣