“We’re here.” He announces, pulling over onto the side of the road, next to a sidewalk.

I look outside the windows of the car and got a sense of recognition. I knew I had been here before, but I didn’t know where we were at the same time. 

  I was surprised when I see him opening my door for me, and actually let a smile etch onto my lips when he holds a hand out, offering me help. Gladly I take it, stepping out into the cold, rainy morning air.

“Where are we?” I asked him, seeing nothing but an abandoned factory in front of us.

“You don’t remember this place?” He asks me, still gently holding my hand in his.

Weeds grew through the cracks on the sidewalk. Vines crawled their way up the sides of the factory. Rain was making a melodic noise as it patters against the tin roof of the building. Nobody was in sight, at all. We were completely alone, in a creepy place; yes somehow I still thought I knew where I was.

“No.” I answer, shaking my head. “Not at all.”

He turns to face me, still holding my small hand in his. In return, I stare back at him, trying to understand where we were, and what we were doing here.

“Follow me.” He says with a smile, motioning for me to walk with him.

Side by side, and hand in hand, we walk to the corner of the block. He points down the road, and I see nothing but a park. Just a sad, lonely little park. “That’s where we almost had our first kiss.” He says reverently.

I gasp, finding that it all clicked together. That was the park, where the little old lady had interrupted our first kiss. I remembered chasing Hunter back around the corner, where he stood in the rain, mentally cursing himself. This was where our relationship sparked. This was where we started.

“Do you remember now?” He asks.

“Vividly.” I smiled.

He turns to step in front of me, while his hands find my waist. “I felt like we both could use a reminder.” He says, almost as if sounding ashamed.

“A reminder of what?”

“A reminder of why we fell for each other, Z.” He says a notch above a whisper, brushing hair away from my face.

I bite my bottom lip. “Why did we, Hunt?”

His eyebrows furrow together, and he gives me a sideways glance. “Deep down, I think I always felt something for you. Moving here just sparked whatever it was that I felt, and it just grew from there.” He begins to explain, as we start strolling down the side walk. “Siana, it never died. I always loved you, and like I’ve said so many times before, I always will. We just need to remember why we fell, that reason being because,” He pauses for a moment, thinking. “because we were always there for each other.”