One thing after another

Picture of Siana on the side >>>>

Siana’s P.O.V.

I wasn’t sure what I was feeling. My heart was beating against my ribcage like a drum as I watch Valerie talking to my parents, giving my mom a hug every now and again. I didn’t take my eyes off her, as if I thought she’d turn into her brother in any split second. Her deep brown eyes would find me every now and again, but every time she’d try and approach me, she would be stopped by someone else. I felt obligated to talk to her, in a way, only to make sure that Dan wasn’t here.

“Hey, are you ok?” Hunter asks quietly, his hand slowly finding mine.

I nod my head. “Yeah, for now.” I say a notch above a whisper. He watches me carefully, while I on the other hand, watch Valerie carefully.

I turn my thoughts away from my abusive ex, and turn them back to Caroline instead, watching as Trevor, the twins, Tom, Markus and Hunter carry her casket out to the hearse. Alana could tell that something was very wrong at this point, as she watches a few tears slip down to my chin. Her crying wasn’t the only crying that was heard, though. My mom was crying. Elena was sobbing, while holding Destin close. Mallory was hugging Riley, who shook with sobs. It surprised me to see Mallory crying though, since she wasn’t exactly a very emotional person, but she was crying nonetheless.

I bounce up and down on my feet while walking to the car; Alana’s crying making me want to fall apart. This hole of depression seemed to be getting bigger by every second.

“Angel, it’s going to be ok. Please don’t cry, baby.” I whispered to her, pressing a kiss to her forehead. She stopped crying once I put her in her car seat. I realized it was because she saw her father standing behind me, smiling reassuringly. I didn’t know how he was able to hold such a real smile, but I was glad he could for her.

The drive to the where she was to be buried was silent. I felt a bit of comfort when Hunter reaches his hand over, holding my own hand in his. “I love you.” He says out of the blue.

“Why do you always say that out of nowhere?” I question, sniffling back some tears.

He kept one hand on the steering wheel, and his eyes on the road. “Because I don’t ever want you to forget it.” He answers.

I couldn’t help the small smile that found its way onto my frowning lips. “I love you too.” I lay his hand on my lap, letting the warmth of my own hands cover his.

The drive to the graveyard in Breaux Bridge was short, since we had already been in Louisiana. Hunter immediately goes to unbuckle Alana from her car seat, but quickly leaves me with an unexpected kiss, which made my heart jump, as always. We stand in front of her grave in silence, waiting for this to end. We were all waiting for the possibility of our pain to end.

Alana had been tired from the amount of driving we had done, and almost instantly fell asleep in my arms. I watch as the coffin is slowly lowered into the ground, but in no way did I feel like I said a proper goodbye. I still felt empty, and lost.

To make the matters worse, I hear a painful song playing from a stereo in the background.

When I got the news today, I didn’t know what to say, so I just hung up the phone.
I took a walk to clear my head, and this is where the walking led,
I can’t believe you’re really gone.
Don’t feel like going home,

So I’m gonna sit right here, on the edge of this peer, and watch the sunset disappear,
And drink a beer.

I feel the tears stinging my eyes, remembering how she asked this to be played at her funeral. This is what she wanted if she did pass, and somehow, someone did this for her, when I had let it slip my mind completely. Through all the tears, I somehow found myself smiling, almost wanting to laugh at little Caroline’s slight obsession with the one and only Luke Bryan.