That's Understandable

Siana's P.O.V.

I felt Hunter's hand stroking hair out of my face softly as he hummed a song in a whisper. I decided to just pretend I was asleep, since it was more than likely early, and I wouldn't be able to go back to sleep if I didn't keep my eyes closed.

"Z, love." He said, kissing my forehead. "It's ten in the morning, it's time to get up."

I slowly open my eyes and see him hovering over me, smiling tiredly. His dark blonde hair was sticking up at all ends, and his pale blue eyes looked really tired.

"Hi, Hun." I yawned, stretching my arms out.

"Good morning Z." He leaned down and kissed without warning, but I couldn't have cared less. "How did you sleep?"

He lays back down next to me, and I leaned over to lay my head on his shoulder. "Ok, I suppose." I reply, just as he wraps his arms around me.

After a few moments of silence, I felt myself falling back to sleep in his arms. His heart was beating at a steady pace in my ear, and it was soothing.

"Maybe we could go shopping for a crib or something." He said in a groggy voice.

"Maybe." I whisper, nuzzling my face closer to the crook of his neck.

"Tired?"

"Maybe." I smiled.

He kissed my forehead just before he rolls out of bed, causing me to groan tiredly. "Don't go, I'm tired." I whined to him, pouting.

He stretches and smiles down at me. "Then go to sleep. I'm gonna make breakfast." he says as he changes from his white T-shirt to a long sleeved black shirt.

"But you'll burn the apartment down, babe!" I shout to him a he exits the bedroom, laughing.

"Probably!" He shouts back in a joking matter.

Eventually I decided that I would peel myself out of bed and take a shower. Once changing into some jeans and a long sleeved shirt, I make my way into the kitchen while towel drying my hair.

I see Hunter standing at the stove while scratching the back of his head. I walk up behind him and peek over his shoulder, seeing pancake batter pretty much splattered everywhere.

"Well, this was an epic fail." he laughs, turning around to look at me.

I giggled and shook my head at him. "Thank you." I say, leaning into his open arms.

He hugs me willingly, then kissed the top of my head. "Um, your welcome. But why are you thanking me?" he asked.

"For trying. You always try, even if you fail." I said with a laugh, looking up at him.

He didn't laugh, though. He just smiled at me and brushed my hair behind my ear, causing me to have butterflies as he rested his hand on the back of my neck. "Well, you're welcome Z." He grinned.

We had decided that since breakfast at the apartment didn't work out, we would just stop by McDonalds. He told me that he would take me wherever I wanted to go, but I assured him that I was craving a McMuffin. Then I was surprised when he was serious about the whole 'buying a crib' thing.

We pull into the Babies-R-Us parking lot and I look at Hunter, giving him an unamused look. "Hunter, I'm only four and a half months along, we don't need to be getting stuff for the baby already. It can wait, really."

I tried reasoning with him, but he just shook his head no and jumped out of the car, running to my side. Before I could open my door an get out, he already had the door open and was holding a hand out to me. "You do realize that you're halfway through the pregnancy, right?" He asked after he helped me out of the vehicle.