Surprise...

I kept my face concealed in the hood of my black hoodie as I swiftly made my way home, back to the apartment. I had the bags of groceries that I purchased in my hands, and I walked down the icy sidewalk without a sound.

People passed me just as quietly, also having their faces hidden in their hoods. I had a reason for my hiding, but maybe they did as well.

One of the random people to pass me bumped shoulders with me, causing me to lose my balance on the icy sidewalk. I landed directly on my side, and my bags emptied all over the pavement.

"Oh my goodness!" The person gasps, bending over. "I wasn't even looking, I was just-"

"It's alright." I groaned, sitting up. I was silently thanking God that I didn't land on my stomach, because that wouldn't end well for the baby. "I'm fine, really." I say to the person as I attempt to pick up all my belongings.

The person who knocked me over kneels down on the ground and helps me put the rest of the groceries in bags. Afterwards, she smiled and helped me up. I look at her and find myself looking at a pretty girl, tall, blonde, bright eyes and a nice smile. "Really, I'm sorry, I wasn't even paying attention. I guess I was in a bit of a rush." she explains to me, handing me a bag of stuff from the store

"Really, it's alright. Thank you for your help." I hung my head back down, not wanting this girl to notice me.

"Hey, you're pregnant." She glances down at my stomach with a worried expression, before returning her attention towards my eyes. "Are you sure you're alright? Are you sure you didn't hurt yourself?" This girl seemed overly nice, and normally I would have found it quite sweet, but I just wanted to get home at the moment.

"I'm fine, thank you." I say to her politely, attempting to walk past her.

"Wait a second, can I give you a lift home?" She grabs onto my hoodie gently, causing the hood to fall off of my head, revealing my face.

She gasps, looking at me. "Hey! I know who you are!" she smiles at me, then starts jumping up and down. "You're Hunter's wife! Hunter Hayes!" She began fangirling, and somehow I was able to keep a straight, emotionless face.

"I'm sorry, I don't know what you're talking about." I quickly start walking away, silently praying that she would just think she was talking about someone else. That she wouldn't recognize me.

If word ever got out of me, like this, Hunter would flip. Which was the main reason I was hiding in the apartment, and when I did leave, I'd hide my face with a hood.

I was a bit more careful this time to not bump into anyone, not wanting to fall on the slippery side walk again.

After a good twenty minutes of constant walking, I found myself in front of the apartment and was more then relieved to walk in a find a way to warm up my freezing cold toes.

"Charlie, my love! We're home!" I liked to say we now, instead of I, since there would be an addition to the family sooner then I thought.

I had even figured out a perfect way to break the news to Hunter. I was making plans to fly out to Louisiana where he would be playing a show. I would surprise him backstage, then-

So, maybe I didn't have the perfect plan. It was still a working process. And I knew I didn't have long.

I trudged into the kitchen with the plastic Walmart bags now clinging to the edge of my fingers. I plopped them down on the floor, and took my time with putting it all away. Afterwards, I had a major backache and went to sit on the couch, seeing the lazy dog laying there and watching TV.

"How did you get the TV on? Silly creature." I roll my eyes at her and grabbed the remote, changing the channel.

I settled for watching Despicable Me 2, but was sad when I realized it was already halfway through. "It's past all the funny parts." I sighed in defeat, laying my legs across Charlie who laid on over half the sofa.

Halfway through the movie I heard a loud crash sound come from the bathroom, causing both Charlie and I to jump. She soon sunk back into her spot and fell asleep again, but I still listened closely.

And What did I hear?

Nothing afterwards.

I decided that I was far to freaked out to not investigate and make sure there wasn't an intruder in my home, so I slowly scurried to the kitchen and got the first thing I saw, which just so happened to be a ceramic bowl.

Creeping to the bathroom, which was located in my bedroom, I heard the shower running. Like, someone was randomly in my home, taking a shower.

"What the?" I muttered, walking closer and closer.

I heard something from next me drop on the floor, making me jump in fear. Turning around to look, I see a guitar case laying on the ground, with a guitar falling out of it. Standing next to the guitar and guitar case, I see a pair of feet.

Looking up a bit higher, I was met by a familiar face that I dreaded to see this whole time.

"SURPRISE!" Hunter shouts, sounding proud of himself for coming unexpected.

He kinda just smiled at me, and I felt sick. Utterly sick.

He walked closer, and he looked happier with every step he took. Once standing directly in front of me, his smile didn't fade when he saw my expression, which I was pretty sure wasn't a happy one.

And he also didn't realize I was pregnant. Yet.

As if on cue, he slowly looked down at our growing angel, and he didn't understand at first. Then suddenly, he understands.

"Z?" He whispered, going to touch my belly.

"Surprise." I say weakly, ready to burst into tears.

A/N: Ok, so I got impatient and decided to write on my iPod anyway because I love my little ninjas :3 SO THAT MEANS YOU NEED TO IGNORE MY TYPOS! (If you see any)

Otay?

OTAY! :D

I'm sorry it was so short. Like, it was super super short....

Anywho...

I LOVE YOU MY NINJAS!

~Mad